"Sige na, kausapin mo na sila nang marami kang maibentang paintings para pang-tuition sa mga anak mo."

A noise scratches his throat that sounded like a snort. His shoulders shook in a silent laughter. Hinila niya ako para mas maakbayan at kalaunan, nagkatunog ang tawa sabay hinilamos ang kamay sa mukha ko.

I playfully glared at him. "Rent is due, Angelov."

"I know. My painting pays the bills, right?" sakay niya sa biro ko.

I took my time staring at the surreal beauty of the painting when I noticed something next to the frame. Under the printed labels of the artwork--Angelov's name, artwork title, date of the artwork, medium, size and the price-- is a red dot sticker. Hindi ito ang una dahil dalawa pa sa mga gawa niya ang nakitaan kong may ganitong marka. I wonder if it's the same with the rest of the showcased works here, or a staple requirement?

"And... No be-backs so far!"

I turned to Sean who sidled up to me. "Is that supposed to be good news?"

"Oh yeah. Mad good!" He enthused then jerked his head to the portrait in front of us. "This one's legit sold."

I gasped. "Already?"

"I know right? Your man's killin' it."

The burst of pride tightens my chest. Ngiting-ngiti kong tinitigan ang painting para sa huling pagkakataon bago iuwi ng buyer. I knew this one would attract the most sales. Hindi ko nga lang masabi na gustong-gusto ko ito dahil baka hindi na ibenta ni Angelov at ibigay na lang sa akin.

"I believe this has already been bought as well?" I pointed at the man with a headframe painting with multiple red dot stickers beside it. "Or is this the number of people who wants to purchase it or perhaps in the waiting list?"

Marahang natawa si Sean. "Angelus has several editions of that piece. So it's safe to say that many people are vying for the artwork. Yet, I still have to ask him if he's willing to accept commissions or make repos of a similar piece. I overheard some potential buyers eyeing for Sunset Rose. But this one right here is the collectors' pick..."

He gestured to the painting of underwater lovers that seems to move in waves the longer you stare at it. Safe haven, as what Angelov named it. They weren't him and I but they resembled us--- a contemplative scene of the past or a dream.

Knowing this piece will about to get massive, it reminded me of Angelov's other work that shook the art world.

"Can I ask you something?" I hesitated. Nang tumango siya ay nagpatuloy ako. "Were you around when his auctioned artwork at the Sotheby's was sold? D'you happen to come across with the buyer?"

Nakakaintriga lang kasi na binili iyon sa ganoon kalaking halaga. And I believe at a full price at that!

"I wasn't present at the auction although Garrison was, the art dealer. But I highly doubt he knows. As what I've heard, mister anonymous sent a representative so to maintain identity discretion. Angelus didn't vouchsafe?"

Umiling ako. Hindi ko rin naman siya tinanong. The fact that even Angelov never opened up about this can only mean the buyer has a yen for anonimosity.

"A man of his word, he is," Sean let out a sarcastic defeated sigh. "But in his defense, he might not also know."

I nodded and smiled. Then another curiosity tugged my brows together. Bago ko pa man maisatinig iyon, may binulong sa akin si Sean.

"According to the rumor mill, either a Thai royalty or the world's richest tycoon procured the artwork."

It felt like my eyeballs are about to roll out of my lids. It's not anymore startling based from the amount it was bought, but still!