𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫 ---♡ XIII

"in sickness,
and in health..."

༺♡༻

megumi watched as y/n folded hers and haru's clothing.

she looked disheveled.
everything about her seemed as though she had gotten proper in a while.
and needless to say...

he somewhat pitied her.
it wasn't the rude pity who usually had for most people, however, the pity he had for her was... hard to explain without seeming lovesick.

which is why he simply sat still, sipping the apple juice she gave him when he came over.

though, he noticed that she seemed busier than usual as well.
the home, in which he became so used to, was messy in places he barely knew were messy in the first place.

he knew when haru got sick his immune system broke down, and it took a while before it could get back up.
which is the reason he didn't comment on the way the house looked.
it was better than what he saw in most of the dorms at school.

so, he just sat there. he watched as y/n folded her clothes, having already finished nearly folding haru's.

"....has haru been giving you trouble?" he already knew the answer-- or somewhat of an answer.

"yes... and no..? it's not that he's been giving me a hard time, it's just that this time that he got sick it hit harder than the last time he got sick.... so I'm kind of overwhelmed."

her hands reached behind her head and she unclipped the hair clip that had been keeping her hair up. as she did that, she started messaging her scalp.

"as well as the fact that my friends have been stopping by to lend me their notes for school... so I'm studying, watching haru, cleaning, and making food for us to eat."

she threw her onto the table and just groaned.

megumi quickly crawled towards her and started brushing her hair with his hands. though, the knots that were there seemed to be a bit of a problem; but he quickly got rid of them and started pulling her hair back.

if it wasn't for growing up with tsumiki and watching her do her hair most days, then he wouldn't have known how to do his girlfriend's own hair.

as he pulled her hair back he grabbed the hair clip and pinned it up.
although it wasn't as perfect as how y/n had done it, it was good enough for her to feel so blessed by the small gesture megumi did.

she smiled and grabbed his hands.
she held them in her own and just sat there as he let her.

"...thank you, megumi-chan."

"no need to thank me." he placed a chaste kiss on the back of her neck.

that's when they heard haru yelling for y/n.before she could get up he stood and just patted her head.

"finish this, I'll see what haru needs."

this earned a small nod from y/n.

'what am I going to do...? he's so respectful... so nice... I'm so in love with him. what am I going to do....'

she could feel herself beginning to blush from just that thought alone.
it was so... odd to her. megumi happened to be her first boyfriend.
and in truth, he was so loving, so gentle, so... he was so perfect to her.
and she was undoubtedly in love with him because of that.

'am I.... a lovesick fool... for him? my, what have I become...? though, I don't hate it... megumi fushiguro....'

megumi came back, he held an empty cup.

"l/n-sa-" before he could finish he heard sniffling coming y/n. he quickly ran towards her and started rubbing her back. "did something happen? I was only gone for a few minutes. what happened?"

"I'm not crying over anything happening... I'm just so overwhelmed with the kindness you've shown me.. I just... don't know why you've loved me so much.. why you continue to give me all this love..."

he sighed before sitting besides her.
a small smile started to form, he leaned forward and kissed her temple.

he spoke in a soft whisper.

"let's just say I love you enough to do this yeah?"

'I love you.... he said those three words..'

she looked up at him.
somehow her mind went blank.
it filled wirh endless possibilities of
what he meant with those three simple
words. those three simple words created a spark within her. a warm and soft spark
that ignited just enough warmth to
spread throughout herself.

"megumi.... you love me....?" it sounded more like confusion than a question. and it made more sense to ask it out loud than to question it inside.

in truth, she didn't know the exact idea in which he decided to say those words. in why he wanted to say those words to her as she broke down for the wrong reasons.

she couldn't comprehend why he was so loving towards her considering she hardly ever spent much time with him.

these thoughts only made her eyes water even more and cry.

"why do you.... love me...? I don't understand..."

megumi sat besides her and pulled into his lap. her legs were on either side of his.
she buried her face into his shoulder as her tears continued to fall.
he rubbed her back; trying his best to make sure she calmed down.
though the position was odd, to him it was nothing more than him comforting his girlfriend.

"you may think it odd of me to say that, I do love you, y/n. and... perhaps you're just overwhelmed by everything. and you don't need to feel that way anymore... I'm here now."

"but I don't want to burden you with this... after all, haru isn't your brother."

"and who exactly says this, hmm? last time I checked haru saw me as someone close, so im going to help you take care of him- and in that case I'll also take care of you."

her eyes widened as he spoke, and she couldn't help but cup his face and placed a loving kiss on his lips.

his arms wrapped her body bring her closer, and her hands soon wrapped his neck.
y/n felt herself smiling as they shared the kiss, a fuzzy feeling spreading throughout her being as she pulled away.

megumi leaned his forehead against hers, a small feeling starting to build up in his stomach as he stared at her.
as he felt so close to her.

"I love you....l/n-san."

he looked away, he could feel her smile beaming towards him as he looked away.

"I love you too, fushiguro-kun."

༺♡༻
"I'll always
love you."