𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫 ---♡ IV

"my feelings are
clear."

»»---->♡<----««

the days fushiguro went to y/n's home became frequent. so much so, he often stayed the night if it were hard to get back home in time.

or what he wanted y/n to believe at times.

but unlike the other times, fushiguro couldn't exactly stay at their place-- not when their father had a day off for once.

so he decided to enjoy the drinks y/n placed in front of him. a small smile appeared on her face, and for once, he hoped she wouldn't let it go away.

in truth, the months he had spent with the l/n siblings were enjoyable, and they were very much a drastic change from what he was used to by now. and he very much appreciated their shared kindness. he also relished in the fact he was comfortable with y/n enough to hold a conversation with her now.

but he couldn't shake off the fact that their father seemed so happy and excited to have him here.

"so fushiguro-kun, how long have you known, n/n-chan!?" in a way, their father reminded him of gojo. it wasn't much, just the fact that he was always happy, excited, and ready to do anything. but he also seemed lazy if needed to be so.

"not long now. we've been friends for a while, right l/n-san?"

"indeed. I've got a question, fushiguro-kun."

"yes, l/n-san?"

"will you be staying for dinner tonight?" she turned off the faucet and wiped her hands on her apron. fushiguro placed his cup down and shook his head.

"no. a friend of mine wanted to watch a movie with a movie with me and another friend, so I won't be able to stay for dinner." fushiguro was somewhat in truth here though, however it wasn't a movie.

"oh. I see, very well, we'll be expecting you tomorrow then."

after that he listened to their father go on about the office he worked at.

'if fushiguro-kun didn't want to be around us, would I be sad? I've never gave it much thought, though... and even giving the thought attention hurts.... do I want him to continue coming over?'

y/n currently laid in her bed, her eyes stared at the moon and stars that shined so brightly above her.

she wasn't going to spare her feelings, not when she had bigger things to worry about, nor did she want to hurt herself even more.

in the few months she had known fushiguro, she had ultimately fallen for him. and in truth, she didn't know whether she wanted to tell him about it.

after all, she hadn't really known of him prior to their odd encounter. nor had she known enough, she hardly knew anything about him. she only know the small details he often let slip or from what haru asked of him.

and even then that wasn't enough to make her feel better about it, or rather, better about herself. she adored him. loved him even, yet he hardly knew of the feelings that she carried across her heart for him. and that made her feel useless.

she wasn't an outgoing girl, she was far from it. she was quiet, calm, and mature in ways she hardly knew of. and so it made her feel useless in a way that she could commit to her ever growing feelings. that that part of her was slowly growing bigger and bigger, and yet she couldn't work up the courage in order to say it.

'fushiguro-kun, how would I tell you my feelings?'

the truth is that she couldn't get his warm and soft hand out of her mind. it wasn't the fact that they were soft, it was the fact that she had never hands with a boy before.

sure she held haru's hand, but that was different. haru was her brother; fushiguro wasn't. and she hated how her heart yearned to hold his hand once more.

which was why she stared at her phone. she wasn't clear or ready, but she was aware of her feelings towards fushiguro.
and so she waited for him to pick up. she wasn't sure if he was even awake, for all she knew he could be asleep and she'd be a bother towards him.

but her thought process went blank when she heard him answer.

"l/n-san? hello?"

she blinked once, twice. and then she spoke. if she didn't want him to know then he wouldn't; she'd hide them until the right time.

"fushiguro-kun, I, uh... uhm... sorry I was a bit bored. I had gotten used to you being here all the time."

she heard him chuckle a bit before he went to speak.

"I see. are you okay though? how is haru doing?" he knew haru was asleep at this moment, but he couldn't really ignore the child if he wanted to.

"haru is doing... great. he missed your companionship though, he says it adds a bit of home having you here."

"really? haru is quite the same to me as well. it isn't a quiet day when I'm there, he is a lively and lovely noise there."

y/n giggled, and then she sat up. her eyes were fixed on the moon.
she loved the moon.
it gave her the feeling of comfort and safety, especially towards how the stars could shine brightly with it.

fushiguro reminded her of the moon. calm and observant, yet gentle and kind. she knew the moon shined with the sun's help, and she wanted to know who the sun was to fushiguro.

"fushiguro-kun... uh, ah, never mind.."

"yes, l/n-san? I'll wait for you to ask."

"do you like the moon, tonight?" she felt her face become warmer. she couldn't understand why she felt so embarrassed about asking such a thing. she also hardly understood why her heart started beating fast as she waited for his answer.

"I do... especially the stars. the night sky seems great, doesn't it? do you like the moon, l/n-san?"

she smiled to herself and then decided to speak. "I do. the stars are a factor I wouldn't want the moon to be without. however, a starless night sky makes for a perfect day."

he could tell her eyes were twinkling as she spoke of it. he knew well enough to know she was happy about the moon and the stars.

they didn't know how long they had gone speaking, but they knew they had spoken of every topic there could be.

fushiguro was drowsy, and y/n was too. but she spoke as she was close to finishing her explanation of a theory she had.
and once she finished, she could hear fushiguro softly breathing.

"fushiguro-kun?"

she didn't get an answer, which made her think he was asleep. she couldn't help the tired smile that started to appear.

"you know.... I've fallen for you, fushiguro-kun.... and telling you over a call wasn't my first idea, but I needed to get it off my chest. I had liked you for a while now... everything about you is calming and mesmerizing, but you also hold a atmosphere of gentleness... perhaps I like that part most."

after that she went quiet, she didn't know where to go in after that. she had confessed her love to him over phone, she felt as though at any moment he'd say something to her.
a rejection was her idea.
but she yawned and stretched before sighing.

"I have to go, fushiguro-kun, but goodnight." after a second of silence she hung up.

fushiguro stared at his phone.

he had heard her confess her love towards him. it felt odd, considering much of it. but he let a soft smile appear.

'I like that part of you too, l/n-san.'

»»---->♡<----««

"and I hoped you,
feel the same, too."