I had lost all hoped of living beyond a few more months. 

But, I couldn't die. They had to keep me alive. 

I had caught the eye of their Capo's son. He wanted to marry me. 

Each time I would be beaten, he would come inside and cradle me to his self, rocking me back and forth, whispering broken English words in my ear. Rather than comfort, I was disgusted by him. 

More so, I was disgusted by myself. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror when they would force me to.

Then, I met A. Precisely, thrown into the same cell. 

I was scared of him too. I was scared he would pull my hair, slap me or soothe me, just like he did. 

For the first few weeks, I couldn't even look at him. He tried to talk to me, but each time he would do so, I would shut myself down. 

Thankfully, in that cell, I was not tortured as often. 

I knew what a day counted and kept a track to the punishment I would receive for being a bad girl, each week. This time, instead of being broken two times every day, I was punished once every alternate day. 

I had forgotten my birthday too, but the hospitality I had received for celebrating one year with them is significantly striking.

It took me about twelve weeks to finally look at him in the eyes. 

His body was bruised too. He was sleeping when I saw blood seeping out of his clothes. My little heart clenched for that boy.

I wanted to clean his blood and I suppose I could do that much for someone who would share his food with me every day. 

It wasn't until one day I saw him do that. While I was sleeping, the food was pushed inside the vault. I was extremely hungry and had woken up before he could wake me up to eat food. 

Since I still hadn't looked towards him, I knew nothing of what he looked like, what he did.

I subtly let my gaze wander over to my plate, in his hands. I thought he was going to steal my bread. 

But, that little boy had discreetly broken half of his bread and put it in my plate. I thought they served me more food, but I was wrong. He sacrificed his share to feed me better. 

So, as a debt, I wanted to clean his wounds. 

One could say that this dungeon was bigger and better than the previous one. They gave us fresh water here and also some cotton every week. But since I never made an effort to clean my wounds, my share of cotton was still kept aside. He hadn't even touched it. 

It was stacked for weeks, so it was enough to clean his open wound. 

I had water in my bottle since I hadn't even opened it. 

Flashback-

I was ready for another session tomorrow and had just finished my food. I could hear little snores and probably he had slept. 

Mustering up some courage, I turned around and lifted my head up to look at his body. 

His arms were all dashed up, his legs were lightly swollen and his feet were badly bruised.

With a little more hesitation, I looked at his face. My breath hitched out of fear. I was scared that he would open his eyes. I was scared he would hurt me too. But I guess I was ready to take the risk.