Prisoner Of War

Erik and Dr.White tied the hands of the woman and began dragging her back to the site. It seemed that the hostiles spotted the kidnapping attempt and tried to stop it.

Bullets flew everywhere as they began to sprint with her toward the site, but they got interrupted by artillery fire.

Dr.White: We can't stay out in the open for long, we have to find some cover!

Erik: I see a trench there, we can reload our mags and then continue moving.

Dr.White: Fine by me.

They sprinted to the trench and jumped into it. However, they didn't expect that they were outsmarted and forced into a corner.

Dr.White: Good, are you okay Erik? Erik???

As White turned around he saw Erik fighting with a red-eyed girl on the ground. Erik and she exchanged some punches and cuts then she managed to disarm Erik.

Dr.White decided to act and fire at the attacker. He lifted his MP5 and fired a burst.

Red-Eyed Woman: Ah!

The burst was nearly perfect, it hit the girl in the shoulder knocking her off Erik. Metallic sparks flew all over the place.

The damage that the shot caused forced her into cover temporarily, but another combatant began firing at them from longer ranges. This forced White into cover as well, who reloaded his MP5 and laid down suppressing fire.

Erik did not hesitate either. He went after the injured enemy to finish it off, but it had disappeared. Suddenly a 40mm grenade detonated nearby, causing shrapnel to fly everywhere. A piece hit White on the left leg right where his injury healed a few hours ago.

"Not again!!!"

But then Erik and White looked up and saw something in the sky. It flew fast. As it flew out of the clouds White knew the battle would turn upside down. White's modified AI-controlled AC-130 had arrived which he called by connecting to the servers in the containment site.

The radio crackled and a robotic voice stated its arrival. 

AI: WARNING, CALLSIGN FIREFLY REACHED AREA OF OPERATIONS. ACTIVATING FIRE CONTROL SYSTEM. DANGER CLOSE. TAKING COVER IS ADVISED.

White shouted at Erik to get down, which he quickly did

AI: TARGET LOCKED. FIRING!

The AC-130 fired its main 105mm cannon. The shell hit the ground very close to White, who luckily didn't get injured. 

AI: MAIN GUN RELOADING...  SWITCHING TO 25MM ROTARY. TARGET LOCKED. FIRING!

The 25 mm bullets came down like rain at the enemy units, tearing most of them apart. Some of them decided to flee, as they did not prepare for an air assault. This included the two attackers of White and Erik.