Her eyes slowly shut tight. She didn't want to know anything else about her father. Everything she'd discovered in the past day or so had been quite enough, weighing heavily on her every thought. Part of her wondered how she could be so stupid. How she could be so blind. How she didn't see any of this coming. "But when Falcone told him what he'd done, your father was distraught." Alfred continued. "He told Falcone he was going to the police, that he would confess everything. And that night... your father and your mother... were killed."

Bruce's face dropped slightly. He tried not to think of that night. It already haunted the few hours of sleep he got a night. "It was Falcone?" His voice raspy and weak. His hand reached up to rub his own face, willing away the tears that had begun to build up in him.

"I wish I knew for sure." Alfred shook his head, his own tears beginning to slip down his face. "Or maybe it was some random thug on the street who needed money, got scared and pulled the trigger too fast. If you don't think I've spent every day searching for that answer... It was my job to protect them. Do you understand?" Siobhan gently grabbed Alfred's hand, squeezing it. "I know you always blamed yourself. But you were only a boy, Bruce. I could see the fear in your eyes... but I didn't know how to help. I could teach you how to fight, but... I wasn't equipped to take care of you. You needed a father."

The door to the room opened, silencing the three. The nurse offered an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, but there's a call for you, Miss Dumont."

Furrowing her eyebrows, Siobhan stood up. She gave one final squeeze to Alfred's hand, gently dropping it before she made her way out, dragging her IV pole with her. Their eyes watched as she followed the nurse down the hall, the door finally shutting. "And you need a friend. You can't keep pushing her away the way you do." Alfred continued, nodding towards the direction that Siobhan disappeared to. "She cares about you. You both need this. You've both been through so much."

Bruce remained silent, glancing out of the window to look for her but she was nowhere in sight.

She made her way down the hall, following closely behind the nurse. She wasn't sure who would be calling her. Maybe Jim Gordon? She was hoping that maybe he would've come in person if he had any questions for her. Grabbing the phone, she placed it to her ear, holding it with her free hand. "Hello?"

"Miss Dumont, it's Bella Reál. I just saw the news and wanted to check in on you." Bella's kind voice spoke from the other end. "I'm so sorry about your parents. How are you holding up?"

Pinching the bridge of her nose, Siobhan almost felt a small smile growing on her lips. "I suppose I'm as fine as can be." She attempted to chuckle, but winced at the jab in her throat. "I actually meant to call you the other day. I've been thinking about what you said at the memorial. I want to help you with everything we discussed. So... I guess what I'm asking is who do I make the check out to?"

"I..." Bella started, at a loss for words. Her eyebrows furrowed, stunned by the sudden question. "Shiv, I don't know what to say..." She chuckled gently, her hand on her heart. "I understand if you can't make it, but I am giving my inauguration speech tomorrow night. I'm hoping maybe you could make an appearance so I can thank you in person."

A silent sigh escaped Siobhan's lips. Biting her bottom lip, she leaned against the counter the phone sat on. "I don't know... It's not that I wouldn't want to, it's just... Do you think such a public event is smart? I mean... there is a serial killer loose in the city."

"We'll have plenty of security, even better than the ones at the memorial." Bella attempted to reassure.

With a quick exhale, she slowly nodded. "Okay... yeah, I'll be there."