𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

For the next week, Mei felt like a zombie

Going to the hospital in the morning to see Sam and Damon, heading to Donald's office in Yeoinaru afterwards where he'd give her work.

Someone had to take over Sam and Damon's position afterall. They have bills to pay.

Especially medical ones.

Damon had a broken arm, ribs and a severe concussion and Sam- Mei would argue his injuries were worse, visually at least - his face was torn open and stitched back together and he was stabbed twice, once in the leg and the other had just missed his lung.

The idea that she had been so close to losing him was probably largely why she felt numb in the following days. Her body and mind own way of cutting her off from others and protecting herself.

She despised it. Had Mei been more in tune with the circumstances of the situation, she wouldn't have lashed out a Teddy like that and hurt him and herself in the process.

It was just her luck that Donald had granted her permission to spar with Jimmy. Giving her an outlet for her anger when they didn't have work to do.

It wasn't healthy. She couldnt care less.

She didn't know what to do. Didn't know how to do all of the paperwork for the hospital or applications for high-school, especially with her carers in and out of consciousness. Didn't know how to apologise to Teddy without sounding cruel.

Mei felt like she was losing her mind.

It was this chain of events that led to her consistent erratic and manic behaviour.

She bought a box of hair dye. Orange turned dark blue, a stark contrast to the bruises and cuts that spread over her hands and face, the rest hidden by clothes or makeup.

Some of her clothes were doused in bleach and cut up, she wanted them to look different.

Mei wanted to look different.

Mei didn't want to be herself.

Not anymore.

She hated going back to the apartment alone.

She hated ignoring Shoko at the reception when she asked how Sam and Damon were doing.

She hated having to get out of bed and just... repeat and repeat and repeat.

At some point, Mei ends up in a nice store. Glancing around the clothing and jewellery with no intention of buying anything, an easy distraction for the moment while she waits for Donald to find her. Something about business, she couldn't care to remember.

She jumps when someone grabs her arm, whirling around with her arm prepared to swing a mean punch when her eye's land on a woman.

Mei recognises her, from where she can't place but she knows this woman.