14

"Skylar?" Liz shook me awake. I had fallen asleep on the long car-ride home. It was currently five thirty, and it was still quite dark outside. I glanced over to my side and saw Dylan sleeping peacefully. A small smile tugged at my lips as I climbed out of the car.

"Skylar, wait." Liz stooped me before I went into my apartment.

"Yeah?"

She still seemed to look professional, even at five in the morning which was somewhat scary. She was the pictured professional lady that would work at a desk at some large company.

"Listen. Whatever you and Dylan have going on needs to stop, I can't have Dylan's carrier ruined more than it already is."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "Dylan and I have absolutely nothing going on Liz. And besides, I already heard what you said back when we were stranded."

"I know, just making it clear."

"And anyways." I started, "What's the big deal if we actually did date? It would actually be real. I don't feel like lying to fans any longer. It's been a long two weeks Liz."

"Listen here Skylar, I am in control of your career and Dylan's. You will do as I say and I say no relationships, ever. You are in my contract and you will lie to as many fans as I tell you too."

"You're not my mother." I crossed my arms.

"But, I have a contract. That puts me in control of you and Dylan."

I rolled my eyes, "I understand you've said that like fifty billion times."

"I'm just stating a fact." she frowned.

"What if I quit."

"Can't." she chuckled. "Contract, remember."

"What if I just act all awful in front of Dylan? Make everyone hate me? I already made them all love me, let's see what happens when I turn that around?"

"Oh sweetie, if that doesn't screw up your career enough I have no idea what will."

"What if I said at a live conference or something that this is all fake."

She chuckled again, "That will still ruin both your careers. And besides, I know at least a small part of you cares about Dylan. No matter how much you deny it I know is there. Good lord you're even wearing his jacket. You would never let anything happen to ruin his job."

"Well, I..I don't care. And what if I find a way to sue you?" I yelled.

"With the money you don't have?"

As we both continued to bicker like ten year olds, I heard a voice come from beside me.

"What's going on?"

Liz put on a fake smile and folded her fingers together. "Just talking to Skylar really quickly, We should head home Dylan."

I put on a sarcastic smile, "Yeah, you guys should."

"Were you guys fighting?" Dylan asked, raising his eye brow.

"Yes."

"No."

"What the crap could you two be possibly fighting about?"

I glanced at Liz and chuckled, "Yeah, tell him."

"Well....I was just establishing that you two cannot be in a relationship."

Dylan shrugged, "Yeah, you already explained that with us a few hours ago? And besides that would never happen."

"I know bu-"

I cut her off. "That's exactly what I said."

"So why did you two freak out?"

I crossed my arms, "Because she wouldn't be quiet on how she was in control of us and I got sick of it."

Liz scoffed and crossed her arms, "Alright that's enough couples counselling for today Dylan. Let's go."

I rolled my eyes and walked into my own apartment, heading straight to bed, not even bothering to change shirts because I was too comfortable in Dylan's jacket.
__________________
Update?