10

My gaze found the same spot on the ceiling over and over again. I had stared at it for over an hour now. I just couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw bright flames roaming over Cedric's motionless body. And every time I reminded myself that he was completely okay. Madame Pomfrey had healed him perfectly, and he was now sleeping in his own dorm.

I turned myself towards the clock. It was past midnight already. I wasn't really even tired anymore, the overthinking had woken my mind again. I quietly got up from my bed, put my shoes on and wrapped my cloak around me. Little staring towards the fire in the common room could do.

I walked down the rest of the stairs from the dormitories, into the slytherin common room. It was really peaceful at this time of night. Not a single soul was there to disturb my peace.

I sat down on the couch closest to the fireplace and pulled my feet up on it, hugging my knees.

"What the hell are you doing up?"

I almost jumped straight to the fireplace when I heard someone's voice behind me. I let my feet drop down from the couch and turned my face towards the speaker.

"Could ask you the exact same thing, Malfoy" I said back when Draco sat down next to me.

"Ladies first" he smiled cruely and leaned his back on the couch.

"Couldn't sleep, you?" I answered, watching his every motion carefully. "Thinking about the tournament?" He asked again, completely ignoring my question towards him. I simply nodded and diverted my gaze towards the fire again.

"I'm going to get some food. Care to join me? Or are you too busy to do – whatever you were doing?" Draco asked suddenly, lifting himself up from the couch and waiting for my answer. "Food actually sounds nice" I said and took his hand, which he had straightened out for me to take. He helped me up and pulled me after him, sneaking out from the common room. He didn't dare to let go of my hand since we both clearly didn't want him to.

"Wow, such a gentleman are we now? Who could have thought" I teased him as we walked around the corridors as quietly as we could. It was dark, only few candels created a dim light every now and then. He just lifted my hand higher and dramatically planted a soft kiss on the palm of it. "Can't let the lady be frightened in the dark, can I?" He smirked, or that's what I assumed. It was too dark to see his face properly.

          ------------------------------------------

"You've got to be kidding me" I sighed to myself as I saw Draco's figure coming out from the kitchen. He was carrying a basket full of different kinds of foods. Though the food didn't surprise me. It was the two house-elves, following Draco on both sides that did.

"See, here she is" Draco started, pointing at me. I crossed my arms over my chest in disbelief. He really got caught, what an amateur. "Ain't she cute?"

My jaw dropped as those words left his mouth. I raised an eyebrow at Draco as the house-elves took the basket from him and brought it to me. He simply raised an eyebrow back and grinned at me. I took the basket, still not breaking the eye contact with Draco. He had some explaining to do. "Have a nice date miss" one of the elves said before they hurried back to the kitchen.

"A date? Seriously Malfoy?" I scoffed as Draco walked closer to me, snatching the basket back to his hands. "They seemed to love the idea of helping out a young wizard who was helplessly in love" he said casually, starting to walk further into the castle.

"Where do you think you're going? I think the dungeons are that way" I asked, pointing at the opposite direction of where he was going. He clearly wasn't going to return back into the common room, like we should have done. "To fullfill my promise to the house-elves, to take you on a date. Come on will you now?" Draco glanced over his shoulderand kept walking, insufferable grin on his face. "Merlin, you're stupid" I sighed and followed him.

              ------------------------------------

I finished up the last chocolate covered strawberry there was and wiped my mouth with a napkin. We were sitting in the astronomy tower, under the clear night sky. Our so called "date" has been mostly about eating and complaining about school. To be honest, Draco's blonde hair looked magnificent under the moonlight, almost as it wasn't real. It was quite messy from the time he had tried to sleep, but still not enough out of it's place so I could note about it. The silver moonlight shimmered in his grey eyes as he looked at me.

I stood up and walked to take better look at the night sky. I heard footsteps behind me as Draco followed me to the edge of the tower. "You have always been terrible in Astronomy" the blonde stated and leaned on the railing with his hands, his eyes wandering over the sky.

"What a nice thing to say on a date" I chuckled and raised my eyebrows at him. It clearly wasn't even close to date, but I wanted to remind him that he got caught in the kitchen. He turned towards me, brushing his hair back with his hand. "You'd like that wouldn't you? That this was really a date" Draco said, a smirk forming on the corner of his lips. Few strands of hair fell back on his face and he brushed them back again. I just stood there, admired his face, from his sharp jawline to his lips and finally back to his eyes. He locked our eye contact and I felt my heart start pounding faster in my chest.

Few hairs fell back in his face. Before he could brush them back again, I lifted my hands and brushed the hair to it's place both sides of his head. "You're not that bad as you think you are" I said, my eyes wandering around his face. He grabbed my waist with his hand, pulling me closer. I stopped fixing Draco's hair and wrapped my arms around his neck, since they were already up in his hair.

It took him like two seconds to look at my eyes before he planted his lips on mine. He kissed me slowly, more passionately than I could've ever imagined. I lifted myself on my tiptoes and kissed him back, moving my hands in his hair, not caring if it would become even messier than it was already. For a moment I didn't try my best to hate him. For a moment he felt like something more than just a boy from the same house. For a moment I didn't try to say something mean back to him.

For a moment, there was nothing around us.