06.

chapter six: sister, sister

THE NEXT DAY is beyond awkward for me and all I can do was pray Jimin fell down the stairs or something. Just for today at least, or a day that I don't feel like crawling into a hole to shrivel up and eventually die.

Unfortunately, my evil prayers aren't answered, as as soon as I enter the elevator, the one person to enter with me was none other than Park Flipping Jimin.

Thankfully, he's yet to notice me in my weirdly professional attire. It took a lot of mirror talking, but I managed to convince myself that if I wore a traditional set of a white shirt and pencil skirt, I'd be fine. So far, it's working.

After what felt like forever, the elevator stops with a small jolt and a ding. Jimin steps out first and I follow but copy his frozen form when I realise what he is staring at so intensely.

The room is surrounded by big, bulky men dressed in black fighting suits with rifles in their hands. Each had masks on, not allowing the visibility nor slight exposure of their facial expressions as they point their guns at us both.

But, before any of us could speak, a shrill, eerily familiar voice squeals with joy. Dressed in a flamboyant outfit consisting of a massive pink scarf wrapped around her slim neck, a yellow, shiny leather dress and sky-blue thigh-high boots, she hops over to Jimin first, pushing her Saint Laurent sunglasses into her hair and kissing him on both cheeks as a greeting.

"Jimin! You don't ever call!" She glances over at me and her purple-tainted lips stretch into an impossibly ear-to-ear grin. "Nari."

She forces herself into my unopen arms and 'hugs' me, her expensive perfume clogging my nostrils. I hold back a dry cough and a potential dry heave.

"Park Ha Eun." I greet between clenched teeth.

"Was it you who brought all these men here?" Jimin asks, completely ignoring her question from earlier.

"Why, yes. You wouldn't pick up any of my calls or respond to my texts or emails. I had to make sure you weren't dead, chim."

I snicker loudly and mouth 'chim?' to him as he glares at me. It's made all the awkwardness disappear. For now.

She squishes his puffy cheeks and he shyly smacks them away, composing himself.

"Come on. You know I hate things like this." He walks further into the room and notices the rest of the employees either shaking, about to piss themselves or already pissing themselves as one of the men points their guns at them. I notice Ha Rin as part of them.

"Either way Chim-"

"Don't call me that. Please."

"I came here and noticed you weren't around. Then, I noticed Nari. You guys a thing again?" She teases, taking a seat as we all go into his office which was left with its door wide open and everything scattered.

"What was so important that it made you scatter my stuff like this?" He's visibly disturbed, I notice, remembering his perfectionist trait. It is evident he's trying to keep his anger at bay for her sake as he lifts scrunched-up balls of papers on the floor.

"Well, it's some good news, I have to agree. You see, Mark's back."

I nearly choke. "Tuan?"

She nods, thick, shiny black bob moving with her head. "Even better, he wants us all to have a little reunion."

I turn to Jimin just to see how much he's paled. He thought Mark was dead along with others but now, he was about to appear again out of nowhere.

We'd all moved on since the accident three years ago, making letting him into our lives again a billion times more difficult.

But judging the delirious expression on Ha Eun's face, I genuinely have a bad feeling about this whole thing.

Mainly because she isn't one to be genuine.