26.

I sit dumbfounded on the old springy mattress, as I wait hoping Anna will come back, but sadly she never does, at least not tonight. I rise up from the bed and walk over to the window, looking out into the sky where dawn is clearly near. The sun peaks through the clouds, as a new day starts.

I walk back to the door and down the stairs, hoping to find something to eat. I dig through the cabinets not finding anything appetizing, so I just eat a poptart. After eating I sit playing on my phone for a couple of hours before realizing I'm wasting a beautiful day. I go back to my room and throw on some clothes before handing outside to my old truck. Just as I'm getting in, a car pulls up beside mine. I squint my eyes at the vehicle, trying to see who it is. I spot a head of curly blonde locks, knowing exactly who they belong to.

"Harry, hang on a second." Her voice calls out, as she hurries out of her car. I roll down my window.

"I-I wanted to apologize again for what happened the other day. Again I am not that type of girl, I honestly have no idea what I was thinking." I had almost forgotten about her trying to make a move on me at the funeral. It wasn't all her fault I kind of wanted it too.

"It's fine, really." I truthfully say, no longer allowing it to bother me. She lets out a breath before saying, "Thank God I felt really bad and I didn't want what relationship we had built up to break because of some silly hormones." She laughs, her cheeks turning red.

" Me either. You seem sweet and I really want to get to know you more." I smile back at her. "Well, I would love that." Jane beams.

"Are you headed somewhere?" She ask, raising a brow. "I was just trying to get out of the house." I explain, while tapping my fingertips on the steering wheel.

"I know this cute little park not far from here if you wanted to maybe grab a bite to eat and take it there." I nod my head, excepting the offer. I tell her to get into my truck and we start driving. Jane points me into the right direction since I'm not really familiar with the roads. I have yet to go exploring in the little town of Russellville, KY.

"So what would you like to eat?" Jane questions, as we head into town.

"Anything is fine with me." I answer, remembering all I've had today was a poptart.

We drive for a few more minutes before we pull up to a small store. Jane runs in after telling me she promises me she'll bring back something good. It's about ten more minutes before she comes back out carrying two full bags of groceries.

"What all did you buy?" I laugh, as she places the two overly filled bags in the floorboard.

"Well, I didn't really know what you liked, so I just bought a variety of things." She giggles, her cheeks blushing a bit.

We head off towards this park she's been raving about, I don't get it it's just a park. What is so special about a park? After flipping the radio many times to different channels, I give up and switch it off.

"You don't like country music?" I shake my head, "Never have, never will." I say with all honesty. I literally can not handle the sound of it.

"Well, that's a shame. I like it very much."

"Why? It's all about beer and big tractors." I chuckle to myself, as I look over at Jane.

"I don't know, I just do." We pull up to the park, a bed of green grass filled with picnic tables and small children playing on the plastic playground liters the open area.

"So, tell me, why is this park so special? It looks like every other park I've ever been to." Jane rolls her eyes before saying, "You haven't even seen the best part yet." We grab the bags and I follow Jane, as she leads the way. A few minutes pass and we both stand before a large pond filled with ducks. A fountain is placed in the middle, spitting water out from the top. The smell of fresh cut grass fills my senses.

"It's pretty cool, right?" I nod, taking in the scene. "Yeah, it's pretty cool."

We place our groceries on the ground, before Jane opens up one of the bags and pulls out a quilt. "Where did you get that at?" I question.

" I got it while I was in the store, I thought we would need something to sit on." I nod, agreeing we do.

"So, how is your sandwich?" Jane questions, as she peers over her turnkey sub. "It's good, you did a nice job at picking it out." I take another potato chip and cram it in my mouth with the rest of the food.

"It's so peaceful here." I comment, gazing at the pond where ducks swim freely.

"Indeed. I come here when I need to think." We sit, eating our subs in peace. My mind wonders back to Anna and what she meant when she said Max. Was she referring to Max William's, the guy I ran into in the cemetery? Or was it someone else? I have a lot of questions that need to be answered. Hopefully I can see her again tonight.

I didn't make y'all wait two weeks! I think I'm getting the hang of writing again lol

So are you for team #Hane (Harry and Jane) or #Hanna (Harry and Anna) comment below!

WHOEVER LEAVES ME THE SWEETEST LONGEST COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION!

Dedicated to: @ReignOn for best comment!