Chapter 7: Ollivander

"Draco, no! Don't you dare!"

"Draco, yes! We will have one more set of fish and chips. Thank you."

"... ..." Severus watched with silent amusement as his godson smirked smugly at his friend, while Lily's child was sulking at being forced to eat more. The two were appalled when they saw the green-eyed imp only order a salad bowl.

"I would like a plate of Spaghetti Aglio Olio as the main dish, a cup of Double Expresso, and a glass of water. Also, please serve two glasses of orange juice. Thank you." Ignoring Harry's signal for help, he handed the menus to the waitress. Then, he stared at Potter Junior.

"Harry Potter, you are to finish the meal. Being a celebrity doesn't permit you to be picky about your food. Or is the food not up to your esteemed standard?" Although Severus spoke those brutal words softly like he was criticising the child, Harry could hear nothing but sadness in his tone.

'Kreacher must have told him...' Harry secretly sighed in resignation. Sometimes the coming back of the old house-elf is such a blessing, other times also a pain.

"Of course not. Sorry, Sir." Harry secretly pushed his food around with pure elegance. Although Draco didn't notice this action, it didn't escape from the oldest man's sharp eyes. Severus tried not to show his snarl. Listening to Kreacher's description was one thing, but witnessing how Harry resisted eating was another thing.

Alarmed by the child's pallor in the middle of the meal, Severus spoke again, "Eat that until you feel full, child. There's no need for you to torture yourself." He ignored the two young wizards' bewildered stares as he pushed the orange juice glass to Harry. He was willing to bet his precious potion ingredients that the children were thinking if he was possessed or somebody who was under polyjuice potion.

)0(

An hour later, the trio stood in front of the last shop of their trip. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒑 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒚. 𝑷𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝑶𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔: 𝑴𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 382 𝑩𝑪. 𝑨 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒐𝒘.

Harry stared at the shop forlornly. He could still remember clearly the joy of getting his wand, the confusion of meeting the wandmaker, the bewilderment of the shop being destroyed and-

f̷i̷r̷e̷.̷.̷.̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷b̷o̷d̷i̷e̷s̷.̷.̷.̷ ̷t̷h̷e̷ ̷b̷l̷o̷o̷d̷.̷.̷.̷ ̷N̷o̷n̷o̷n̷o̷n̷o̷n̷o̷,̷ ̷t̷h̷i̷s̷ ̷w̷a̷s̷n̷'̷t̷ ̷s̷u̷p̷p̷o̷s̷e̷d̷ ̷t̷o̷ ̷h̷a̷p̷p̷e̷n̷!̷ ̷W̷h̷e̷r̷e̷ ̷d̷i̷d̷ ̷I̷ ̷g̷o̷ ̷w̷r̷o̷n̷g̷?̷ ̷N̷o̷n̷o̷n̷o̷n̷o̷!̷ ̷S̷T̷O̷P̷!̷

"Welcome, I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Potions Master Severus Snape, Heir Malfoy and Harry Potter... Severus, I trust that your wand is doing you well. Ten inches long. Pine and Dragon Heartstring. Hard and sturdy. Adaptive in dark arts and healing." Mr Ollivander's silver eyes still creeped the hell out of Harry. Nevertheless, Draco had only met the old man for the first time.

Severus nodded slightly before pushing the two scared children towards the counter gently. Draco glanced at his godfather's obsidian eyes and his first friend's emerald green eyes before stepping forward.

"Oh, if heir Malfoy would like to go first, may you please hold out your wand arm?" A tape measure flew out from his pocket and started measuring. Mr Ollivander was searching through the shelves and drawers. While finding a possible wand for Draco, he said, "𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝑶𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒖𝒃𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆. 𝑾𝒆 𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒔, 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒙 𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒍 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒔. 𝑵𝒐 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝑶𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔, 𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒐𝒓 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒙𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒖𝒍𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒛𝒂𝒓𝒅'𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒅."