Chapter 1

(10 years ago)

"You stupid bitch" my Father yelled as he slapped me again. He got drunk early today and I'm the only one home. I ran up to my room and locked the door.

"Open the fucking door you worthless piece of shit." he bangs harder in the door. I sit in the corner of my room and eventually I hear him stomp down the the stairs and the front door bang shut. I hear his car drive off and take this as an opportunity to go.

I fit as much stuff as I possibly can into my backpack and, making sure no ones home, bolt out the door and in the opposite direction as my fathers car.

*time skip 6 hours (9:00)*

I have been walking all day and am far away from that awful place that I had to call home and away from the horrible people that are my parents. I sit down on the side of the road to rest. there are no people around and I have no idea where I am. It's dark outside and I can't see where I'm going anyway.

As I'm about to start walking away I see car headlights coming towards me. I look down and hope they don't see me, I have had enough problems already. But, with my luck, the car pulls over and the window rolls down.

"Are you lost" the man driving the car asks.

I look up to see a familiar face. I had seen him on tv before and knew exactly who he was, Dwayne Johnson. I nod my head being unable to find words.

"Do you need a ride?" He asks

I nod my head again and he opens the door from the inside and motions for me to get in.

"Where are you going at this time" he asks, man he has a lot of questions. I just shrug my shoulders

"Where do you live" he asks glancing at me quickly then looking back to the road.

"It doesn't matter I'm not going back" I quickly say. He pulls the car over and looks at me,
"Why not" he asks.

"I ran away from my parents, they hit me and I don't want to go back" I say quietly.
He starts the car again and starts to drive. I lean my head on the cold window and eventually fall asleep.

When I wake up I am being shaken awake by Dwayne.

"Where are we?" I ask kind of confused

"At my house, you can stay here until we figure something out" he replies taking my backpack and heading into the house.

Over the next few weeks I stay with Dwayne and as I'm sitting on the couch watching TV one day he comes over and sits next to me. He is quiet for a minute but the he asks " how would you feel if I adopted you"

"Are you being serious?" I ask he nods his head

"I would love it" I reply and hug him.

Over the next few years he trains me and gives me the home I've always wanted. As far as I'm concerned, Dwayne is my father and no one can tell me other wise.