I carefully walk in and place the camcorder underneath the pillow on the chair. He's facing the window with a glass of water in his hand. I just realized that his hair hasn't been in a side part this whole time. It's been a sweaty middle part.

"Come to make amends so quick?" His voice makes me a little shaky. I thought I would be the first one to say something.

I gulp, "Yes, and to talk to you without yelling."

"I think we both know that that's not how this conversation will end."

I'm hoping this conversation ends with you gone, Harry.

"I just wanted to continue school. That's all I wanted." I speak very gently, eyeing the pillow with my recording under it.

"And I've explained so many times why that can't happen." His voice raises a little, but his back is still towards me. I toy with my fingers, trying to figure out what I should say to push him over the edge.

"No, you just scream in my face. You've never once sat down and gave me an explanation." I watch as he turns to me finally.

"Why do you want a god damn explanation for everything? You're never content with anything!"

There it is.

"Okay, forget it. you were right. We can't have a conversation without screaming in each other's faces. You're right, I'm wrong. Happy?"

I start rotating to head towards the door and get the fuck out of here. I did it. I have my evidence. I'm done. I'm going to walk out this door and go to the police and go back to Cardiff. This is over. There won't be any more hiding or Lethal, because for all I know, Lethal isn't even real. Maybe he made that shit up to drive me crazy. Which is what lead me to do this.

"Why don't you sit down and have some water? You look dehydrated."

"I'm not. I'm just a little tired of your bullshit is all." I pull my lips together in a line, taking a step towards the door.

"Then let's talk like you wanted. No screaming." He walks towards the little couch by the bookshelf. My camcorder is only a few feet away from me.

I wasn't really prepared for this. But the evidence just keeps getting better and better. Another minute won't hurt.

He hands me the glass of water I rejected, and takes a seat next to me on the couch. It's a stiff couch. Not like the cozy one in the living room.

"Ladies first." He takes a sip of his own water.

I gulp again, not really sure what to say next. I replayed the conversation up till this point. Now I have the make up something.

"Forget about school. I don't really want to go anymore," I blink. I'm lying through my teeth. I hope it isn't that obvious, because I was really passionate about going 10 minutes earlier.

"Mmm. Really?"

"Yeah. In fact, I want to forget every horrible moment we've shared up till this point. What do you think?" I put my hand on his knee. I'm copying the actions of concern Zayn showed me earlier.

"I would really like that." He smiles. Holy fucking shit. It's working. This is absolutely perfect.

"This was a refreshing conversation for once," I lightly chuckle. "I'm going to go take a shower."

I stand up, almost doing a silent victory cheer when I turn away from him. He's still sitting down on that uncomfortable couch. I walk to the door, placing my fingertips on the doorknob. I'm going to cry tears of joy. I fucking did it. I pulled it off. I open the door, and step out of his creepy office. I'll just get the camcorder after a bit when he's out of there. I highly doubt he's going to check behind that pillow. So it's fine. It's all good.

rain. |h.s|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें