Goodbye, my child

It was hard for Kassandra to let go of her and Einar didn't dare to look at Kassandra's painful and hopeless gaze.
They shouldn't have fell in love or even have a child. He thought with himself that he just brought an innocent baby to this cruel world and he never forgave himself for it.
But little did they know that their child, their Edisa is the only key to end this war.

Kassandra was whispering her last lullaby to Edisa and let her tears slowly wet her cheeks and Edisa was lightly snoring.
She let out a little laugh and kissed her soft forehead. Einar caressed her chubby cheeks and put her in a basket and both of them left her through the Anthanous' house.
Kassandra and Einar looked at each other for the last time and after that they both disappeared and no one knows where they went.

After while, cries of child filled the silent area and immediately, Thena Anthanous opened the door and saw Edisa. She looked around but didn't found anyone. She carefully hold little infant in her arms and whispered soothing tones to calm her and after moment Ephisio Anthanous came and looked at his wife and the child in her arms. " I found her at our doorstep with this note but I didn't understand what does it mean. It's like a different language." She handed him the note and he read it.
"It's in Greek and it says please take care of our little eagle, she is innocent. Our Edisa deserves the best and the last part of it is Norwegian which means, may the gods keep you safe and blessed." He said while Thena was lovingly caressed her.

"You have a beautiful name little one, Edisa." She said.

After 2 months, Thena and Ephisio managed to legally adopt Edisa as their own and this story is the beginning a new era for the Anthanous' family which they didn't know what future has decided for them.
••••••
••••••