Chapter 3 The Obsessive Scientist

Start from the beginning

Genos: We're here. This is the place the Gorilla told us of.

Citrine: So this is the "House of Evolution." Not exactly what I expected us to see. . .

Saitama: One, two, three, four, five, six. . . Looks like it has about eight floors.

Suddenly, the Cyborg sparked and thrusted his palms ahead, a massive explosion erupting and engulfing the House of Evolution! Saitama and Citrine gaped as the smoke cleared, the entire building having been incinerated alongside the surrounding forest. . .

Citrine: Um. . . Okay?

Saitama: What was that all of a sudden?!

Genos: *huffs* Yes. I decided that it would be most efficient to destroy them all in one swoop.

Saitama: That's true, but. . . We could've at least saw what they had in store for us.

Citrine: Um, and what if there were people in their?!

Genos: Rest assured. I scanned for life forms before initiating my attack.

The young hero let out a sigh of relief before the three began to look through the rubble. The baldy soon found a hatch in the ground, quickly prying it off.

Saitama: Hey, look. They have a basement. . . .

———————————————————————

Elsewhere

Blood stained the walls of a dark chamber, the beast responsible for the carnage chained in its center.

Hey. Carnage Kabuto. . .

Doctor Genus greeted both his greatest creation and greatest mistake.

Carnage Kabuto - Disaster Level: Mid Dragon

Genus: Are you well? It appears you've killed a bunch of my clones again. Satisfied?

Kabuto: Huh?!

The massive beetle creature faced his creator!

Kabuto: Fool, why would I be satisfied? I've been kept locked up beneath the Earth! Me! The strongest warrior in the entire "House of Evolution!"

The chains holding him snapped with ease. . .

Genus: You are mentally unstable. We couldn't control you. There was no choice.

A single stomp sent ripples through the tiles.

Kabuto: Comtrol?! You moron! I am the culmination of the "New Human" you guys have sought for so long! My intelligence and physical strength and your own are incomparable! You should be the ones obeying me!

The monster licked his lips disgustingly before the mad scientist, who simply glared at him.

Genus: No. You're a failure. It's true you perform at unheard of levels, but it is humanity you lack.