CHAPTER FOUR: FIRST WEEK

Start from the beginning

He moves his head to be able to look up at you. ''You don't have to leave if you don't want to. I like taking care of you.'' He smiles.

''I'll stay if you answer my question.''

You definitely piqued his curiosity. ''Shoot.''

''Why are you so sweet to me when it's just you and me but as soon as someone asks questions you lie or deny what's being said?''

That's not the question he was expecting.

''Are you embarrassed of being my friend?''

''I'm not embarrassed at all.'' He sighs. ''I'm just an asshole. Honestly, I don't know why I did it. I always feel like I need to defend myself or close myself up around people because of how my family is. I'm sorry that I made you feel bad. I promise it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with me.''

You narrow your eyes, trying to see if he's messing with you but he seems sincere and honest. ''Alright, I'll stay.'' You lie back down and hug your pillow, resting your head on it.

''What are you doing with that pillow? Come here, I'm your pillow.'' He opens his arms and laughs when he sees how quickly you throw the pillow behind you on the bed, moving until you're in his arms and lying down on your side with your head on his chest. You put your arm across his chest to be more comfortable and smile when you feel his arms around you, hugging you tightly.

''Ransom?''

''Yes, kitten?'' He strokes your hair, closing his eyes.

''I forgive you.''

He smiles. ''Thank you.''

Your eyes flutter shut, Ransom's body temperature helps make you sleepy.

The next three days go exactly like Thursday did. Ransom takes care of you, makes sure that you're getting better and not worse, and you continue watching episodes of American Horror Story together.

On Sunday night you decide to go sleep in your own bed, you're feeling a lot better and you want to give Ransom his freedom back.

''Are you sure you're going to be ok?'' He asks you as you gather your pillows from his bed.

You laugh softly. ''Yes, I'm sure. Now you can sleep however you want.'' You smile at him and make your way out of his room. ''Good night Ransom.''

He sighs. ''Good night.''

Once his bedroom door is closed, Ransom lies back down and stares at his ceiling. His bed feels strangely cold now that you're gone and it's only been a few minutes.

Ransom has only been asleep for a couple of hours when he hears your voice calling his name, pulling him out of his deep sleep. His eyelids feel like they weigh a tone and he has trouble opening his eyes.

"What's wrong?" He finally manages to look at you, still half-asleep. "Are you ok? Did you get sick?"

"I had a nightmare." You say quietly, looking down at your feet and feeling embarrassed.

"About the episode from last night?"

"Yeah." You sigh. "I'm sorry. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't."

"It's ok." He lifts up the covers. "Get in."

"Thank you." You hurry and glue yourself to his side, feeling yourself relax at his familiar warmth. "You were right, I shouldn't have watched the show. I'm sorry."

Ransom puts one hand at the back of your head to cradle you close while his other hand rubs your back in the way he knows helps to calm you down. "You don't have to apologize. It's ok. Get some sleep, I'll be right here to protect you." He closes his eyes and continues rubbing your back until he falls asleep shortly after you. No matter how tired he is, he'd never fall asleep before you. Especially not when you're scared.