•*CHAPTER TEN: name your price*•

•* Nolan aka Virgo *•
THE DARK REALM, CZEENDAR

I'm probably looking at Finn like he has three heads right now.

"You're kidding, right?"

He laughed. Quite frankly, I have yet to find anything humours about the situation.

"We got this"

His blind optimism is freaking me out. Call me pessimistic, but how are we gonna climb that mammoth of a cliff. My home, Islandia has its fair share of mountains given that it is the Earth realm but that doesn't mean I climb them in my spare time.

If you haven't worked it out by now, I'm a little introverted. My parents say I'm a hermit but I think that's a little harsh. I'd just rather be in the comfort and safety of my own room rather than in the most dangerous realm..

Wouldn't you?

Asher slaps Finn's shoulders in excitement, "so what's the plan finny?"

Don't even get me started on Asher- he's a dick. He argues with Anyta, undermines Finn, aggressively flirts with Opal and he's incapable of saying anything nice to me.

Finn frowns at the name but answers anyway, "let's go in there"

He pointed to the little shack of a shop. Really, Finn? We have to socialise with the Czeendarians? That's it, we're all gonna die!

"After you, Boss" Anyta ushered Finn forward in approval. I admire her. she's confident, tactical and witty, three things I am not.

I watched as Finn, Asher and Anyta cautiously walked inside, the sound of a bell chiming as they did. I turned to Opal. Smart, kind, honest Opal.

"Do you think this is a bad idea?" I asked her

She shrugged in response, "travelling around the cliffs would take around five days to journey- that's time we do not have. Climbing the mountain, although risky, would be quicker"

"I'm not asking about your facts or anything.. I'm asking what you believe.."

"Truthfully?"

I nodded. She sighed.

"I don't believe we have much choice.."

Deep down I knew she was right, she always is. I followed her into the the little shop and saw our other teammates carefully scope out the room.

A young, beautiful woman sat at the counter eyeing us suspicious. Finn's face lit up when he found the climbing equipment on the top shelf. He pried it down and slid it onto the counter.

"How much?" He asked, rooting in his backpack of the sack of money he packed.

"I don't trade in something as common as money, sweetheart" she chuckled as Finn slowly lowered his bag back down

Anyta stepped in, "well, what do you trade in?"

"Oh all kinds of things", Her eyes sparkled in glee, "how rude of me, we haven't had a proper introduction. I'm Harper.. you five?"

None of us said anything. Our eyes just  flickered amongst ourselves. I could see the cogs in her brain start to click like the pieces in a puzzle.

She gasped, delighting in our discomfort, "you guys are the elementals.."

She pointed at Asher first, "you're fire?"

Her direction changed to Anyta, "water?"

Then on Opal, "air, am I right?"

Finally she turned to me, "that must make you earth"

She lost her interest in us when she saw him. Properly this time. I get it, the grandson of a God has nothing on us.

"I apologise for being awestruck" she smiled at him and I could tell he was growing uncomfortable, "is it true?"

"Is what true?" I felt Finn's whole body tense

She reached out for his forearm. He flinched but she took it anyway, pulling up his sleeve and tracing her fingers along the inside.

"Does the First Celestial's power course through you?"

Finn pulled back agitated. His power has always been a touchy subject for him, I barely understand it myself. Then again, I barely understand my own power.

However, it makes sense The First Celestial's power transported to Finn when he died. From my understanding, Prince Isaac had very basic abilities and Princesses Rachel has none. Everything went to Finn. You'd think that amount of power would split and be shared equally between the three grandchildren but it seems like The First Celestial had a favourite.

A joke of course, I have no idea why Finn got it all... I kid when i'm nervous.

While I was getting distracted in my own thoughts Harper smirked.

"I think I know what I want now"

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Short chapter. It's been ages.

Don't have much to say except I hope to update more. Oh! And happy late Easter!

Hope you enjoyed

Charlotte xx

P.S. haven't proofread yet. Will tomorrow.