Chapter 3: On My Way

Sorry for the late update, you can blame school for that...

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

Dereks POV (woo!! )

No. She cant be gone. I had just woke up and went to the kitchen area in the (i have to change it to Hotel..motels are this good) hotel and she was gone. No where to be seen. Lauren was sitting on a stool at the island table and Simon,Tori and dad are still asleep. I heard my phone buzz on the nightstand in my room and quickly grabbed it.

Its from Chloe.

I opened the text and read it over and over. She cant be gone. I NEED to help her,she cant even fight off a corpse thats going after her without anyone beside her, that person is always ME. Whoever that Maya chick is, we dont need her. We have been on the run for 2 weeks now on our own,we dont need answers from a stranger.

I walked into the kitchen area again, "Hey Lauren, wheres Chloe at?" She looked up from her newspaper, "She just went to get.... Milk at the store down the street." I walked over to the medium sized fridge and opened the door. There was whole gallon still left. "Why do we need more milk when we still have a gallon?" I could feel her gaze burning through my back. I turned around, she was as stiff as one of Simons spikes on his head. "Well you dol eat a lot, Derek, we wouldnt want to run out..". I made my way towards her and slamed my fist on the island table top. She flinched and stood up from her stool and slowely backed up. "Bullshit!" I walked around the table and grabbed her arm, pushing her against the wall. "Tell me where she is, NOW" i pushed her more tightly to the wall. She winced. "I-i dont k-know Derek i s-swear i didnt e-even see her this m-morning!" I could see the fear in her eyes. Usually i would feel bad in this situation with anyone els, but i could care less about that right now. I grabbed her phone out of her sweater pocket, and snapped it in half. She ran behind the couch and peeked from the top of it. "The dumbass doesnt know theres a sim card.." I heard her mutter. "The dumbass doesnt know i have super hearing." I replyed. I took the sim card out and crushed it to bits. I made sure my phone was still on me before making my way towards her again. She got up to run but i grabbed the back of her sweater and pulled her back. "Tell me where she is, or ill finish you..slowly..". Her breath hitched, "Shes on her way to Rhode Island" she said quickly. I nodded and let go of her sweater, giving her a little shove at the end cauig her to fall to the floor. I made my way for the door and ran outside. My arms started to twitch and legs. I ran as far as i could to the nearest woods. I ran deep inside and found a decent spot to change. I took my sweater, t-shirt and jeans off with all the strength i could and kicked my sneakers off. My feet were hurting from how much i just ran. A sharp pain struck through my spine. I yelped and fell to the ground on all fours. I had to let Chloe know im changing, i quickly called her. "Derek?" i heard her say. "Listen Chloe im really sorry but im about to change. i need you to text me exacally where you are and go to the nearest and most safest place and STAY there. Love you-". She cut me off, "I love you too. now go!" she hung up. The skin on my arms and legs began to ripple and my muscules began to hurt, and expand. My bones started to crack and pop. More and more pain stuck through my spine. My back hunched and more bones popped. This is more scary without Chloe.. Usually i try to stay calm but im panicing now. Hair started to sprout on my arms and legs, i could also feel it on my back. I screamed in pain as all the bones in my body shifted. I slumped to the ground, exhausted. My,now, paws where tingling and so was my whole wolf-body. I took a deep breath and looked around. I couldnt hear anything or anyone so i SHOULD be safe for now. It was only 12 in the afternoon but i was extremely tired. Chloe knows that i would be tired after a change so i rested me head on my paws and closed my eyes.

______________________________________

Sorry if it was too short.

Love you!:)xx