Chapter 9 (With a little extra bit of Bruno's P.o.V. at the end)

//Oh wow, an A/N at the beginning of a chapter, how unheard of. The Bruno bit is NSFW, so of course, skip it if you don't want to read it. I'll give a brief summary about it before so you know the basic idea of what happens but you can also skip that too. Really, it'll probably be the only NSFW bit I'll write since I'm ace and not interested in writing that :D
//Here's your fanfic ya filthy animals.

________

Dad finished up the last of the food just as mom started gathering the dishes. Bruno offered to help her and she made a jab at the fact that you never help with dishes anymore. You roll your eyes and make a remark before laughing and heading to you bedroom.

 Before you enter, you turn back to Bruno and mamá before calling out to Bruno. He turns and you say, "If you need anything, my bedroom's right here." He gives a thumbs up and you head into your room, smiling. A strike of lightning lights up you room and thunder echoes through the Encanto, and you grimace. 

You take a deep breath and prepare for the probably long night ahead. You never enjoyed thunder. Actually, you were downright terrified of it. Not just for plot convenience, you've been scared of it your whole life. Loud noises in general, actually. Once you almost dropped a plate of food in the restaurante because someone slammed a door on their way out of the shop. 

You crawl onto your bed and under the covers, hugging  yourself as rain hammers against your window. What the hell could've happened that made Pepa this upset? You wonder to yourself. Whatever it was, it wasn't good. A clap of thunder so loud it rattled your window made its way throughout the Encanto and you yelled in fright before covering your mouth.

 You stared at your bedroom door, hoping Bruno didn't hear it. One slip-up during dinner was one thing but you didn't want him to hear you literally screaming in fear over a noise. Eventually, you were able to drift off to sleep. You didn't dream of much, nothing too memorable.

Suddenly, you were thrown from your bed. You wake up in a panic, looking around with drowsy eyes and a groggy head. Oh. You just fell from your bed. You sigh and stand up, a chill making its way through your body. Did you have a bad dream? You couldn't remember. 

The rain was softer against your window now, more like a soft knock instead of the hard rapping earlier before you fell asleep. You didn't want to go back to sleep. Your bed felt so cold and you didn't want to be alone. You couldn't go to your parents, you weren't a kid anymore. You could go out and wander the Encanto until you got tired again, or– or...

You remembered Bruno was in the living room. You had an idea. Your heart pitter pattered almost through your chest as you made your way to the living room where you saw Bruno's sleeping form laying on the couch. His breathing was steady and he looked so calm and peaceful. You took a moment to just admire the sight, one you'd probably only ever see once. You hesitantly reach out to his shoulder and give it a shake. "Bruno..." you whisper.

 His eyes fluttered open and he snorted with a sudden intake of air. He hummed before giving you a look of confusion. "Y/N..? What's wrong?" He asked, his husky voice making your heart flutter. "I– uhm..." You stutter, trying to figure out how to tell him you'd just woken him up because you were scared to go back to sleep. "I...had a bad dream..." you mumble with slight embarrassment. His expression softened. 

"Could you," you pause before inhaling sharply, just pushing the words from your mouth. "Could you come in and lay down with me?" You ask him, almost inaudibly. A look of shock passes his face and you immediately regret asking. "You don't have to of course! It's childish, I'm sorry I woke you up, I'll go back–" you begin rambling but he stops you, giving you a soft smile. "Don't worry about it, Y/N. If you need my help getting you back to sleep, that's fine by me."