celebrations are in order

"Ay Akame lomfana(this boy must wait), you see each other all the time here in Joburg, can't he celebrate with you when I'm gone?" - gogo says fanny herself with her Sun hat, she has on her Sunday best

"Aw gogo, he's just trying to be nice" - I say, normally she's very accommodating.

As happy as she is about celebrating me completing school, she doesn't understand why we're having lunch with MY man.

She claims she doesn't have a problem with him but the 'suddenness' of marriage doesn't make sense to her, especially because his name was never mentioned before the lobola.
I'd justify it better and defend him well if I didn't initially feel the same way.

They've only seen each other once when the Mzimelas came to negotiate and pay Lobola but it was brief

"So you're the big shot who wanted to pay millions in Lobola?" Gogo said when she was welcoming him and Nsizwa for lunch after the negotiations were done

"Sawubona gogo" he greeted her humbly

"Hmm we would have married her off for free" she said not smiling and she didn't bother to say more to him after that.

Luckily the rest of the family including my mother were there and very sociable so my grandmother's weirdness was only noticed by those who know her well

"I'm a church going woman, I'm always nice, he must just not test me" she says.

She's a hooligan if you ask me and I wouldn't have her any other way but I do want her to like Phakamile.
I don't just love him now but I can't imagine life without him. I don't want a life without him in it, thinking about it makes me want to cry

"Gogo he's a good man" Lindzy says

"Yah, her mother likes him, but then again she likes anyone who can buy her a cot of beer"

"The less we speak about her, the better gogo, at least trust the fact that I'd wouldn't date someone who wasn't special"

"Why are you two selling him to me, all I'm saying is, he must just watch himself, that's all" she says

"Gogo he's a nice guy, he's the one that takes care of your Sedi, when she has weird mood swings" Lindzy says in the back seat much to his annoyance.

When he initially agreed to have us drive to the venue instead of using the chauffeur(yes I occasionally have one if I'm not close to home)I forgot to mention we won't be using any of the fancy Mzimela cars as well.

Gogo is still under the impression I live at my house full time so I decided to drive the A1

"You're so uncultured... this is just rude" he said complaining about the size of my car compared to the Bontayga I occasional drive.

Never in my life did I think driving an Audi would come with such insults, only Lindzy can humble someone like that. Gogo loves the new house and car and it's the only thing that matters. I wanted to show it to her before we sell it.
It doesn't make sense to keep it since Phakamile got me the SR7

"Even so my Lins Lins, something is not well with my soul" Gogo says.

They have a beautiful relationship, gogo is the only one that calls Lindzy, Lins Lins and I think their love started when my grandmother realised Lindzy was Xhosa and spoke pure unfiltered Xhosa.
Now she calls him whenever just to check up on him and I know he sends her money occasionally, on her birthdays and over Christmas because they're just that close.
Gogo even bought him 3 cute ponchos and body/waist beads this time because she can, and she had nothing for me. Imagine, claiming ponchos are not my style!