croissants, nathan mackinnon

Nathan wanted to try something new, after making the same protein shake every day for the last nine years of his life

Nathan wanted to try something new, after making the same protein shake every day for the last nine years of his life. He wanted to try something new. There was a cafe across the street from his house, he always avoided it because it looked like a place he wouldn't like. This time he walked into the cafe and his thoughts were immediately right. The entire shop was covered in baked goods-cupcakes, cake, chocolate, and bread. Lots of bread. He went to turn around and leave with a grimace on his face when he heard you.

"Hi, Welcome to Blue's! Can I help you?" You said cheerfully.

Nathan cursed himself in his head and turned around slowly to look at you. He was going to say 'No, thank you, I am good.' Until he saw you.

I can't leave now, he thought.

He walked up to the counter and looked at the menu behind you. He looked for a good time before sighing and saying, "Can you just make me a black coffee?"

You smiled at him, "Yeah, of course. Do you want anything else?" You gestured to the millions of sweets surrounding them.

Nathan laughed a little bit forced, "Do you recommend anything?" He asked, a little bit strained.

You tapped your chin and thought about it before your favorite pastry came to you, "I love the chocolate croissants."

Bread and chocolate, he thought. There is no way that would be a chick-pee croissant.

He smiled, "I will get that."

You beamed at him, "Perfect!"

He paid for his items and walked out of the cafe.

Walking into the locker room, he held up the bag with the croissant. "I've got a special surprise for anybody who wants it," Nathan said. The guys crowded around him and tried to see what was in the bag.

"Nate, why do you have a chocolate croissant?" JT asked. Everybody was a little shocked, to say the least. Nathan shrugged, he didn't want to explain that he got one just because the person behind the counter was attractive and they recommended it. He didn't feel like getting chirped right now.

Everybody was even more shocked when Nate came in every day for the next two months with different sugary items. All of the guys were rotating with who got it. Every day he would walk in and get a recommendation from you. He walked in with the hope of your number but, just left with a sugary item that he didn't even eat.

After three months, Nathan was tired of losing the courage to ask for your number. He was going to do it. He knew he was going to do it.

He walked through the door and the familiar smell of coffee and chocolate surrounded him.

"Hey, Nate!" You smiled.

"Hey Y/N," Nate smiled back. "What am I getting today?"

You blushed at his question. You always waited for Nate to come into the store. He always asked what you thought was the best and it made you happy. After seeing him mostly every day for three months you were beginning to develop feelings for the man. Even if you only saw him for a couple of minutes. Your friends made fun of you for liking a guy where you basically only knew his first name.