IV : Grief

TW: Violence, blood and gore

Stella and Damien were struggling and shouting. The man dragging Stella finally had enough. He stopped and slapped her. "Shut the fuck up you little bitch!" Rebekah's knees gave out. She couldn't handle seeing her daughter getting tortured while she couldn't do anything.

They followed them into a room full of different kinds of torture equipment. On a dusty table, a lifeless body with a hole on his chest.

"NO!" Elijah and Stella shouted at the same time.

"Kayden! What have you done to him you monsters!? Kaden wake up! Please wake up!" Stella cried.

The men who's faces are unrecognizable didn't respond. Instead they smirked at Stella and made Damien kneel in front of her.

"You see the Mikaelsons took away everything from us. Our family. Our lives. Our future. Our humanity. It's only fair for us to take something from them in return." The leader said. Without hesitation, he slit Damien's throat right in front of Stella.

"No. NO!" Davina wanted to run towards her son but Kol stopped her, burying his wife's head on his chest. "No. Please Kol. Our son. No. Please not him."

Stella went numb. Damien was dead. Kaden was dead. She's alone. That's what she felt. That's what they all felt. All her anger, all her pain, all her fears, all merged into one very powerful energy. Stella's eyes started to glow gold. She let out one powerful scream and ever glass shattered, the lit up candles around them caught fire stronger that it reached the ceilings covering it and  burning everything in it's way. The house shook as it crumbles. The people tried to run away but they couldn't move. Stella let out an agonized scream again and again each one stronger than the others until the house bursted on fire. The Mikaelson family stood there unharmed, they saw Damien and Kayden's body started catching fire and turn into ash. They saw how the men died, they're vampires and they turned to ash as they should. They saw how the ceiling collapsed on Stella, crushing her. Stella's hand that wasn't crushed under the fallen ceiling held a ring with a Mikaelson crest.

"If...if only we weren't y...your child..dren..." Stella whispered then she took her last breath.

[Ends]

Rebekah jolted up and screamed. She can hear the others scream too. A nightmare. It was just a nightmare. That's what she kept telling herself as she trembles. She shakily walked out of her room to find Davina crying in Kol's arms. Freya wore a horrified expression as tears streamed down her face. Klaus was shocked. Hayley was holding Hope who was crying after witnessing what happened to her cousins. Elijah looked like a mess.

"What was that?" Klaus said breaking the silence.

"A vision? A memory? A nightmare? I don't know." Freya said. Their conversation was cut off when someone knocked at the door.

They all went downstairs and came on the front door together. Hayley opened it and they were greeted by Marcel.

"What do you want Marcellus?" Klaus asked. Marcel gulped and handed Rebekah a ring with burnt marks. The ring Stella was holding onto.

"There was an abandoned house that caught fire on the town just right outside Manchester. A vampire told me he caught Stella, Damien and Kayden's scent around that area and when we arrived on the burnt house..." Marcel inhaled before continuing. "There were three bodies of children. Two boys and a girl. The ring was found on the burn girl's body."

Then and there Rebekah, Davina, Kol and Elijah's lives fell apart.

After confirming the bodies of the children through Freya and Davina's magic, they held a funeral. It was short. After the funeral they went home. Hope felt guilty treating her cousins like that. Hayley felt sorry for them for she couldn't imagine losing Hope herself. Klaus was heartbroken. Yes he wasn't the best uncle but he didn't want them to die. They're his family. They should've protected the other children too.

Elijah became colder towards everyone. He even broke up with Hayley. He spender his days trying to busy himself in random businesses.

Davina and Kol were depressed. They'd fight because of little things then they'd end up breaking down admitting their fight wasn't about the little things, it was about them blaming themselves about their son's death.

Rebekah became a shell of who she was. She hardly leaves her room. When she does, you'll see her clutching Stella's blanket when she was a baby.

The children on the other hand were living their best lives, having birthday parties, pool parties, slumber parties and every kind of parties children can have. The adults would often take them shopping, bonding and eating.  Finn and Sage got married. Mikael became a loving grandfather. Esther claims she loves her grandchildren more than she loves her own, which would earn her whines from Finn and Henrik. Henrik was quite the same age as Trixie and the girl took it upon herself to teach him the modern ways. They do go to school together and are on the same year level. The Mikaelson cousins, Rory, Charlie and Blaze went on the same school with Charlie being two years ahead of them.

Being a Mikaelson means still being connected to the people who hurt them thus they decided to adopt the surname Morningstar. Esther, Mikael, Finn, Sage, Henrik, Stefan, Katerina, Stella, Damien and Kaden all changed their surnames into Morningstar.

As the children grow, so did their powers and beauties. Stella, Liliana, Blaze and Rory would always have suitors around them which made the boys feel a little more protective. The boys are the same too. They have girls fawning over them wherever they go. With Lucifer's encouragement, they became party animals. Lucia kept them in check though, making sure they never fall behind their education which was quite easy.

Her Liliana is smart, beautiful, talented, athletic and just perfect. She seems to be the queen of their school. Student body president, chief editor of their journalism club, event organizer of the school, cheerleader captain, the best painter in their school and the person everyone follows.

Stella was the fashionista. She insist that her cousins wears a Stella approved outfit. She's quite a fashion designer and the stylist of the family. She's also a cheerleader, writes on the fashion column of the school paper and is the head of the fashion designing club of the school.

Kaden is a very smart young man, the smartest student in the school. He is always a representative in quiz bees. He is also the head of the Math and Science club. He is a pianist and had been considered the most well mannered Morningstar. He acts a lot like his uncle Luci and he's addicted into wearing suits.

Damien on the other hand is a jock. He's a very sporty person. He likes to play baseball and had never missed. He's also an excellent student but most conclude that he's the most mischievous Morningstar. He had pranked the whole school, even the principal, and he hasn't been caught.

Their powers grew. They practiced using it and merging their powers which they found out would make them stronger than ever. They haven't triggered their vampire side yet, just their witchy side. With the help of the oldest grimoires, they became stronger and stronger until they weren't able to stop their progress. Thus the adults decided unanimously, they have to enter Salvatore Boarding School.