Chapter 2 The Lone Cyborg

Start from the beginning

It was then that the source presented herself, the mosquitos swarming their mother.

Mosquito Girl - Disaster Level: Low Demon

The monster licked her lips as her stinger grew in size, taking the blood for herself. . .

Mosquito Girl: *sighs* Come on, you guys. That wasn't nearly enough! Go get some more for me. . . Hm?

Target acquired.

An explosive blast flew towards the insect, Mosquito Girl swinging her arm and dispersing it as her eyes locked with those of the blonde Cyborg.

Genos: I see. You make sure to suck the blood, then take it all for yourself. You must be controlling them via some sort of signal. That would explain their mysterious behavior. So, if I were to get rid of you, their leader, then would the swarm disperse too?

The monster was backed by that swarm, the mosquitos forming into a mass twice the size of the one before!

Mosquito Girl: Our next meal is here. Go drain him dry!

The swarm descended upon the cyborg, completely encompassing him in a storm of darkness. . .

Incinerate.

In an instant, a massive flame blast burned the mosquitos into ash, with the blonde entirely unscathed. To say Mosquito Girl was shocked would be an understatement. . .

Genos: I am going to eliminate you. Stay where you are.

Mosquito Girl: . . . *chuckles* You? Eliminate me? GO ON AND TRY-!

A stream of golden slammed into her side, the monster crashing into a building!

Citrine: Hm. I wonder who was fighting her.

The hero descended to the street, his eyes of yellow meeting the yellow eyes of Genos.

Genos: Who are you?

Citrine: I'm a hero, the name's Citrine. You are?

Genos: Genos. I take it you are here to deal with the monster.

Citrine: Right'o!

Genos: Then I must warn you. She drains people of blood, and unlike I, you don't have artificial skin.

Citrine: Don't worry, I'll be okay.

ALRIGHT!

The two warriors on the ground tensed, gazing up to the building and seeing a very angry insect stepping onto the ledge of a broken wall!

Mosquito Girl: Who has the-! Another one?!

Before she had a chance to recuperate, Genos fired a blast up to her, Mosquito Girl immediately soaring up! The hero and cyborg locked eyes and nodded, the two sprinting up opposite buildings and boosting themselves up! The duo attempted a double blitz of the monster, who swirled out of the way and struck Genos with her sharp claws! She swung at Citrine, the young man swaying aside as the monster redirected herself to the cyborg, clawing at his head, only for her arm to be intercepted by his own! A booster on his elbow bursted to life, deflecting Mosquito Girl's arm while creating distance between them! As Genos landed on a balcony railing, Citrine sledgehammered his fists into the monster, sending her towards the cyborg! The blonde boosted up, throwing a heavy left hook into Mosquito Girl and bloodying her face! As she was blown back, the hero appeared above her, arm shining gold as he plunged his fist down! The insect whirled, slashing at his face, the young man leaning aside and only being scratched on the cheek! The monster then backhanded the hero down into Genos, the two twirling off one another and landing on the street below!