The calm before the storm

3rd POV: Peter likes to think that he's always prepared for the unpredictable, that no matter what happens, he can deal with anything life throws at him.

He was wrong.

So fucking wrong.

Because standing directly in front of him was none other than....

Silver sable.

Silver, seeing the shell-shocked look of Peter. Smiled serenely and walked towards the arachnid hero and wrapped her arms around Peter and pulled him into a tight embrace, one that Peter didn't exactly recuperate due to him not knocking himself out of his shock. Sable pulled back, her hands resting on his shoulders, her smile still in place before her eyes saw a towering red figure slightly behind Peter. Her smile slightly dipped. Who was this woman?

Silver sable: hello there, who are you?

Red she hulk: (strained smile) Betty Ross. Peter's girl.

Silver sable: (eyebrow raised) really?

Red she hulk: (eyes narrow) yeah, really.

The 2 have a quick stare off that is broken by a now shell-shocked free Peter.

Peter: ladies, ladies, let's not do anything hasty now.

Red she hulk/silver sable:............fine.

Peter gave a little sigh of relief before the trio begin walking towards Peter's office.

(Mini timeskip)

Peter sat behind his desk staring at silver who has sitting on the opposite end with red she hulk standing next to Peter, staring at silver.

Peter: silver, I....I don't know what to say right now. Just.......just how are you-

Silver sable: alive? (Peter nods) my wild pack found me hanging on the very edge of death. (Peter hand Clenthes slightly, silver notices) it wasn't your fault Peter.

Peter doesn't say anything but mentally disagrees with her, no matter how many times someone would reassure him it wasn't his fault, he would always feel guilty.

Just like how he feels guilty for his past failures.

Peter snaps out of it and continues to listen to silver sable.

Silver sable: after they found me, they placed me in a pod where I would slowly regain my strength and heal from my injuries, though I couldn't exactly have my people worried about what happened to their queen. So I had an android built to look exactly like me and took control of it to keep up appearances. (Looks solemnly at peter) I then heard about what happened to you Peter.

Peter said nothing but slightly looked down at his desk. Betty placed a comforting hand on her lovers shoulder. Peter took a breath and smiled at Betty, before looking at silver sable again.