A blue book

It was mid afternoon in spring.The trees had blossomed into glorious canopies of dainty magnolias and other fragrances wafting in the cool breeze.Delphi could barely fix her gaze on her book, taken by the beauty of the grounds.Asteria came tardy as always.At last she arrived took a seat beside Delphi who bookmarked the page with a fallen flower, and the two looked over the pocket book with a blue leather bound.

'I found this in Dumbledore's desk' she said 'It looks exactly like my greek myths guide but look at the dates, this was before I was born'

The first page read this:

September,1st 1950

I got sorted into Gryffindor as I hoped and have made friends with Dahlia Abott on the train.She's a rather boisterous personality, Dahlia's mum and dad are aurors and she said she's going to be one too.I managed well in transfiguration and in charms though the class kind of went in flames, literally, Gordon Thomas, a fellow Gryffindor tried wingardium leviosa and sent his feather on fire but Hufflepuff, Stella Cormac stomped on it just in time.It was hard to keep awake at history of magic, and Dahlia didn't help matters by cracking jokes ,making it almost impossible to keep a straight face.I do enjoy astronomy though ,even if 'it's a pain waking up in the dead of the damn night' as one my roomates, Morgan Shin said.

'He was an artist!' Delphi said excitedly, noting the illustration of Hogwarts.The starry night was a background of watery paint splashes and white dabbles.He had captured the castle well and colorfully so.Until the sun sunk into the water and it was time for dinner, the two spent their weekend, head bent on the entries, year after year.

'I wonder if Dahlia Abott's still alive' Asteria asked

'Perhaps she is, we can search in the records' Delphi said, 'Anyways you have to retell the daring breakin, how did you even do it?'

'Well the marauders ,that's what they're calling themselves now, since Lily called them 'maraundering fools' once, have created a rather impressive map with the homogenous charm-

'Right, they asked me to do the Ravenclaw common room'

Asteria nodded. 'And so while Dumbledore was having his daily evening stroll, Peter distracted Filch by setting off fireworks, (it's a miracle he didn't burn himself) and Remus kept lookout for professors while James and I used his invisibility cloak, yes he has an invisibility cloak and i've been sworn to secrecy if you were wondering, to sneak in.The other problem was the portraits but that was solved by Sirius drawing a spectacle, he's rather good at art and offered to paint in a few bottles of whisky or so and even the past headmasters and mistresses were interested.So we used the knife Sirius had gotten for his birthday,it breaks any looks and just leafed through his desk quite a bit but then apparently McGonagall was coming so I snatched two extra by accident, because I was in a rush you see and didn't know which one would be helpful, long story short, Remus levitated a broom to the window and we took off'

'What were the two books you accidentally grabbed?'

'It's in my dorm, I don't think he'll miss it though, it was rather dusty when we found them, plus returning it is a story for next time'

'Come on, I think dinner's starting'.The two got up and walked back to the already candlelit castle.

'Is that a new book?' Asteria asked.

'Yeah, I got it from Reg, Sirius's brother, his family usually tops their ancestors graves with bouquets this time of year'

'Winter, perfect to match their shriveled hearts' Asteria remarked.

Thought she had been absent from the magical world for long, since she was seven, her father would tell her how much of an arse the Blacks were, trying to buy their way into the ministry.Sirius had been raised by such, and though he had no use for their pureblood mania, it took a few calling outs from James to break him from the habit of saying mudbloods.

'He's not bad, we've known each other since we were eight'.

So they have, one daughter of a ministry official to a son of people always coming and going, trying to influence more pureblood mania.When they had first met ,it was only him there for Sirius had started his rebellious phase, and would have 'disgraced the Black family name'.Regulus was a quiet boy, with a aloof look as if his thoughts were elsewhere.They had been friends every since, exchanging owls, but since Hogwarts, Delphi had only had time to for weekends, and they had drifted a bit apart.