Where life truly began

Delphi gulped and closed her eyes, gathering the courage to run. It'll be fine. Before she knew it, she crashed, not into bricks, but a cart as she her eyes fluttered open. The contents of the cart went flying as she rushed to haul it back, stumbling sorry.

'It's fine' her fellow first-year student said, helping to lug the heavy suitcases.

Red hair fell on her startling green eyes, as a dark-haired girl regarded her sister with disdain, occasionally glancing at their parents, who Delphi guessed were muggles because of their wide awed reaction to the Scarlette express billowing smoke.  At last the suitcase was secured.

'I don't think crashing your things was a proper introduction' Delphi turned to the redhead girl extending a hand 'I'm Delphi, Delphi Trelawney'

'Lily Evans', Lily said, shaking her hand.

'Delphi, there you are' Sybil said, appearing from the crowd besides Mr. Trelawney.When it was just a stroke before their departing time, Delphi hugged them goodbye before boarding the train with Lily,

Along the hallway, they had an animated conversation before stopping at an empty compartment to sit down. Later two other boys joined them, one with unruly black hair and round glasses, the other shared his dark hair but was however quite handsome. Delphi and Lily obliged in recalling their families when the train started to depart. From the window, Delphi saw Sybil and her dad chasing the moving train and waving wildly until they rounded a corner and were blinded by a bright blue sky. Lily's sister , Petunia though had just stared at the moving train with a look of disgust mouthing the words spelling 'freak' under her parents' smiles. Silence had fallen as Lily faced the window with a melancholy look, her eyes glistening as she bit her trembling lip.

'What's the matter?'

'Tuney hates me because of my magic'

Delphi shook her head in a reassuring way.

'I reckon she doesn't hate you' Delphi comforted 'Perhaps she's afraid she'll lose you because you're so far apart, but there's still eleven years of sisterhood's still under all the dust and it'll always be there if you keep it polished over every chance'

Then the door slid open again and a boy with greasy hair and a hooked nose entered. When he saw Delphi his smile disappeared, replaced by cold dislike.

'Serv this is Delphi Trelawney, Delphi this is Severus Snape'

'Nice to meet you' Delphi said good naturally but the boy however kept a stony silence before taking a seat opposite of them.

'What house do you guys hope to be sorted in?' Delphi asked 'My dad was a Ravenclaw and I hope to be one too'

'Slytherin ,of course' he said. Delphi nodded and decided to turn her eyes to the view outside, her hand itching for her paint brushes and paper ,whilst Snape had awakened an argument with the two other boys.After a banter, Delphi felt Lily get up.

'Delphi, are you coming?'

She turned to the redhead standing besides her friend who had already gone far from the two other grinning fools.

'No thank you but i'll see you around' Delphi said deciding Serverus Snape was not the best company, and Lily was too fond of the git to notice his obvious signs of dark wizardry.

The door slid shut and their footsteps died away in the hallway and Delphi continued gazed out of the window to rolling fields.

'What's your name?' the bespectacled boy asked

'Delphi Trelawny'

'I'm James Potter and that's Sirius Black

'I would like to say nice to meet you, but I'd rather get to know you first' she said bluntly