54/∞

Liegth K
Cryss Building
Principal's Office
________________________

"Welcome back to Liegth K, Mr. Liegth. I assume you've gotten settled into your apartment." Pierce shook Light's hand as he entered the room.

"I did, thank you. Also, the room is perfect, he loves it." Light answered with a tired smile.

From flying all the way here last night, to keeping Landon entertained the entire flight, to being railed the moment he entered his apartment, to waking up with an interesting proposition from Ace; Light's past 12 hours have been crazy.

"You look exhausted, how are you feeling?" she asked with a worried brow.

"I'm okay, just worn out. Taking care of a 5 year old is a lot harder than I imagined." he sighed, rubbing his eyebrows.

"I have 2 kids, here's some advice. Fill your refrigerator and cabinets with snacks he can eat without cooking. And give him the television remote or something to keep him entertained." she said in a low whisper as if sharing government secrets.

"You might have a mess to clean when you wake up, but he'll be kept busy at least for a few hours." Pierce nodded, seeming satisfied with the helpful information she gave.

Light sighed and rubbed his eyes, "Thank you, because I had no clue how to get him to stay in one place while I sleep."

"Well, who's watching him right now?" she frowned, folding her hands on her desk.

"Uh, Ace Popkov. But anyways, I look forward to the meetings tomorrow." Light quickly changed the subject as he stood up.

"Of course, I'll see you then. Have a good two months and come see me if you need anything." she opened the door and waved him off.

Liegth K
Courtyard
________________

"Hey! Rivaille!" Light called happily upon seeing his best friend on the field.

He jogged over to the younger man and ruffled his hair, but instead of shoving him as usual, Levi simply rolled his eyes and moved out the way.

"What's wrong?" Light frowned, clearly confused.
"They canceled the fucking game because of the stupid virus." Levi answered before looking up at Light.

"You look like shit." he said in a teasing yet still dead and disinterested voice.
Light chuckled, "Where's your boyfriend? He's much nicer."

Levi rolled his eyes, ignoring Light's comment, "How's the kid?" he asked, walking towards the nearby bench and sitting down.

"He's awesome. Tiring and draining all the free-time I have, but awesome. He doesn't seem to grasp that his mom is dead yet." Light sighed, sitting down beside him.

"What, you didn't tell him or something?" Levi tapped his fingers against the wooden table beside him.

"I told him, he just seems to be fine with it. Like he isn't crying or anything." Light was clueless. Sometimes he felt like taking care of a kid wasn't something he was properly able to do.

Levi shrugged, clearly dumbfounded.
"Well, I don't know anything about kids. You should ask Pierce, she's got like 9." Light rolled his eyes with a smile.