Chapter 16-20

SIXTEEN

The Revenge

“I’m going to talk to her! I never even touched her after we danced! What is she thinking?” Miguel said outraged.

“So it’s not true?” Beatrice said relieved.

“Of course not! Do you honestly believe that?” 

“Well, don’t blame me that I doubted you, you’re a guy…”

“Would you please stop, both of you? I’m starting to feel a little bit jealous here.” Ron said lightening up the mood.

“I think it was because of your talk the other day, you know when you told me you’re starting to like me?”

“You told Isabelle that?” Beatrice’s eyes widened with surprise, Ron merely guffawed.

“Can I just tell you after I talk to Ginny? These rumors are getting more and more absurd.”

“You better man! Coz your stalker is going nuts!” With that Isabelle turned so pale she might pass out any minute.

“Yeah about that…” Isabelle was about to confess to Ron and Beatrice when Ginny Lacson came.

“So Miguel and Isabelle! Damn! Your name even rhymes!” Ginny laughed to herself.

“Ginny this has to stop.” Miguel said trying to contain his anger.

“We’ll see Miguel.” And Ginny stalked off, he tried to go after her but Beatrice and Ron stopped him.

“You’re just making it worst.” Just then Isabelle’s phone beeped and when she opened and read the message she gasped.

“Ginny?” Miguel asked and Isabelle nodded. Miguel snatched her phone and read the message, Ron and Beatrice craned both their necks to see it too.

Tonight! 8 pm meet me or you’re dead. Abandoned parking lot about 4 blocks from Hillside up north. I will be waiting.

“We should go with you!” Ron immediately said after reading the message.

“No.”

“You’re in grave danger Is, you should at least let us go with you.” Beatrice added concerned.

“We’ll hide! She wouldn’t know we’re there.” Ron says smiling as if he thought of a brilliant plan.

“She will, okay. This is just between the two of us.”

“Hey we’re not letting you…” but Is cut Beatrice mid sentence.

“I have a plan, why don’t you wait for me here at school, after 30 minutes and I still haven’t texted you well then maybe I needed rescuing.”

“You can’t know what time she’ll just try to kill you or not!” Beatrice tried arguing again, hoping she’d let them help her. But she knows that this is her call to finish the game. It was her fault after all.

“Trust me I know what I’m talking about.”

After they agreed on Isabelle’s proposition they separately went to their classes. The whole day was a blur, Beatrice misses a note in her violin class which is completely unexpected, Isabelle answered incorrectly on a grade 3 level question in math, Miguel’s head was hit by a ball during P.E. and well Ron did his usual.