"I'm the reason you were born."

The hairs on the back of Y/N's neck stood up. He turned around to see a man with a thick, graying beard and dark eyes. Y/N muttuered, "What do you mean?"

The man walked closer until he was towering over Y/N and explained, "I am the true King of Eldia. The perfect combination of Titan powers. I am your ancestor: King Fallon."

"From the story Zeke showed me..." Y/N gulped as he said, "You're the son who took the special Titan serum and the Attack Titan. The one who was defeated by Leif Ackerman..."

"Don't speak that man's name," snarled the king.

"So it was all true?"

King Fallon nodded. "How ironic that the only way to bring me back was to combine the two bloodlines that had forsaken me."

Y/N shook his head and asked, "Why are you here and what do you want from me?"

Fallon chuckled before saying, "I'm here to finish what I started: I'm going to take over the world." Y/N's eyes widened. "However, this Eren Jaeger is in my way. So what I want from you is to take care fo him."

"No! I won't let anyone take over or destroy the world!"

Fallon tilted his head. "Don't worry, you'll get your fair share of accolades for playing your part."

"I don't want your accolades! Let me out of here!"

"But you're the one who brought youself here."

"Huh?"

"When you touched your sister and your past self, it acitvaited a temporary connection between us and erased the memory of your past self." 

Y/N's jaw dropped. "How?"

"With this," said Fallon, raising his arm to reveal an identical, disintegrating shackle. Y/N also noticed slight burn marks. "I've always felt your presence, and ever since you obtained the Jaw Titan, I've been connected to you through this chain. I've tried reaching you many times, but it only worked now. I assume it had something to do with Frieda being there. Erasing your own memories, that was my power you used."

Fallon continued, "Unfortunately, this is only temporary. But once you have control of the Founder, I'll be free again." A wicked grin appeared on his face. "After all these years... The world will once again know my power."

Y/N grit his teeth and said, "I don't care. I won't let you. I'll kill Eren and myself, and then you'll never be connected to this world again."

Fallon smirked. "You sure about that? Because our connection is going to end soon and you have to use my power to save yourself."

"Save... myself?"

Fallon busted out into hearty laughter. "You need my power to override the Founder." Y/N gasped. "What? Did you think this chain was disappearing all on its own? You know, talking with you is getting tiring. And if you try to go against me, who knows? I might just stop erasing the chain."

Y/N glared at the king. "Bastard..."

"Now, if you want to live long enough for me to actually erase our shackles, you better save yourself." Fallon pat Y/N on the shoulder as the void began to fade. "And remember: My powers include that of the Attack Titan, so you're able to directly interact with Attack Titans and yourself from the past, since you've always been a part of me."

"What are you talking about?"

"You'll see soon enough."

~~~~~~~~~~