The Rumbling

Y/N's fist smashed into Eren's jaw, causing electricity to spark out of their bodies. The yellow energy coursed around the cavern before their surroundings instantly changed and they were standing on the wall where Eldians were transformed into Titans. Eren quickly glanced around to see Eren Kruger and Grisha talking, but Y/N paid them no attention.

He socked Eren in the gut before the memory changed again. After a flash, they were standing in a forest where Eren and Annie's Titan were fighting and the corpses of Levi's old squad decorated the trees. Eren swung back, but Y/N ducked under it before punching again.

Another flash. Eren and Y/N stood beside Erwin and Levi as they discussed how to fight the Beast Titan. Y/N roared as he slammed an elbow into Eren's ribs. 

Then they were in Marley surrounded by younger versions of the Warriors. Marcel held back a furious Porco so he didn't punch Reiner, but there was no one to hold Y/N back. He swung at Eren again and they teleported again.

Now they were on Wall Rose. Behind Eren, Reiner was confessing to being the Armored Titan. After Mikasa flew by and sliced his and Bertholdt's necks, lightning appeared. Y/N winced as the bright light appeared, so Eren swung at him. Y/N sidestepped it and grabbed him by the shirt before pulling him down to his level and uppercutting as hard as he could.

Eren fell on his back and by the time he opened his eyes, they were outside their old training grounds and Y/N was on top of him. Y/N screamed, "Die, you bastard!" He punched Eren's face over and over, each hit changing the scenery. "I trusted you!"Eren screamed as he tried to push Y/N off, but he wouldn't budge. "I thought you could change! I believed in you!" 

After beating Eren's face into a bloody mess, Y/N stopped. He gazed at his blood-covered knuckles and let out a long, shaky exhale. While he paused, Eren jerked up and punched Y/N in the chin.

The world flashed. Then Y/N was alone. He rubbed his temple and groaned as he looked around. He was in a familiar bedroom in the middle of the night. He sighed before turning around to see Frieda knitting a doll at a desk. He walked behind her and gazed over her shoulder as she slipped a syringe inside its cotton guts.

When the door creaked, he continued watching Frieda, who spun around in shock. She whispered, "Y/N?! What are you doing?"

The door fully opened, revealing an eight year old Y/N, who responded, "S-sorry. I couldn't sleep." Frieda slightly smiled even as she noticed his eyes staring at the syringe sticking out of the doll. "What are you doing?"

Frieda hid the doll under the desk before saying, "Come here." When he did so, she hugged him and started bringing his forehead toward hers. "I'm sorry, Y/N. This has to be done..."

Meanwhile, adult Y/N kneeled beside her, whispering, "Frieda, I don't know what to do... Please help me..." At the same time Frieda touched foreheads with young Y/N, the adult one wrapped his arms around both of them. And at that moment, a powerful spark coursed through adult Y/N's head. He gasped before falling backwards. He tried to rub a sudden, throbbing headache away while wondering what happened.

Then he noticed that the child version of himself had a blank stare. Frieda blinked tears away and murmured, "Thank you. Now go back to sleep." 

After Y/N watched his younger reflection leave, everything went black. The shackle on his wrist started burning his skin as a deep voice called out, "You're finally here."

Y/N gasped, "What?"

"I've been waiting so long for you to awaken your true power."

Y/N stood up in the vast void, trying to ignore the searing pain on his wrist. "Who are you?!"