𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐀

Start from the beginning

Not again.

"Don't blow our cover!" He replied, plummeting down.

"But saving your life is ok?" Conner questioned, throwing up a barrel with enough strength to boost him up to me. Again he missed by a bit but he was suddenly raised by what I assume was M'ganns telepathy.

"What did I just say?" He asked as I caught his hand. A wave of relief ran over me as we returned to the platform.

"The crowd couldn't see me use telekinesis from below. Besides, I've been using it all night. I'm not exactly the acrobat you two are"

"Yeah neither am I right now. I think I caught that 24-hour bug that's been going around the circus"

I placed my hand on his shoulder for comfort as I waved to the crowd with a smile on my face. I was feeling the sickness myself (though I did my best to hide it) so I knew how he felt.

"The show must go on"

"Put your hands together for...THE DARING DANGERS"

We all collectively waved at the crowd as M'gann admitted, "didn't think you'd make it through"

"Neither did I, help me back stage"

We all walked back, Artemis and M'gann helped Dick as Conner helped me.

I looked up at him in confusion, he just shrugged, "I can tell you're not well"

As we entered the tent we passed a fire breathed, along with a new strong man. The further in we went, the more of my old family I saw. Including the main strong man Clayton who I had been avoiding due to the fact that we used to be so close.

I didn't want to get attached. He should have taken Dick and I in after our parents died but he didn't. I never learnt the reason and he never stayed in contact.

"Haly, what's the deal? Giving the top slots to those Danger kids?" One of two twin performers complained.

Roy and I watched the spat, I nudged my brother who was now paying attention as well.

"That's our slot" the other backed up.

"Was your slot, until you missed that performance in Paris." Haly stated.

"Carlos was sick. He's better now!"

"Plus those Dangers are a sham. They say they're brothers and sisters but only maybe two of them look alike"

Haly pushed his way through the twins, "you just don't like the competition"

Blocking the ringmasters path stood a tall while haired man in a suit with his arms crossed whom Jack seemingly recognized.

"Oh for crying put loud, not you again. We're in the middle of a show"

"Then we'll talk after" the man told him sternly, "but we will talk. Another city last week. Another tech firm robbed. Another stop on your tour"

I listened carefully, this is why we were here and I had to remember that. It was so hard not to go rushing to my old family, to the dancers and Clayton, to tell them I missed them all and how we were doing.

The man continued, "If I prove you're responsible I will shut you down."

Haly glared, "I've got three minutes to gather props and get back to the centre ring." He shoved past the man and walked away.

The man watched Haly then turned his attention to us as he walked over.

"Faraday. Interpol. New act?" Faraday introduced himself.