To Kill the King

Magsimula sa umpisa

Silas and Morgana enter Merlin's Chamber to find Gwen sleeping on the bed "Merlin." Morgana says making him turn. "Silas, Morgana." he responds. Morgana looks at Gwen "How is she?" she asks. "She's doing okay." Merlin responds. "We should let her rest." Silas says. "Yeah." Merlin nods. The three of them head into the main chamber, Merlin sees Silas' eye "What happened?" he asks. "Doesn't matter." Silas responds. Merlin gives him a look before turning to Morgana "Morgana, have you spoken to Uther? He must realise this is a mistake. Whatever Tom was doing, it wasn't plotting against the King." he says. "I know that. Of course I do. But Uther... Uther only sees enemies." Morgana responds. "But Tom is the most gentle soul I've ever met." Merlin says. "But he was seen with Tauren, and that makes him an enemy." Silas responds sadly. The two of them turn to leave "Then... there's little hope?" Merlin asks. Morgana turns back "There's no hope, Merlin. None at all." Morgan tells him before they leave. Once outside they see Annalise "Silas, what happened to your eye?!" she asks in worry. "I got it while training. I'm alright though." Silas smiles. "You sure?" Annalise asks. "I'm sure, thank you though." Silas assures her. Annalise nods "I've just put your cleaning clothes away for you." she tells Morgana. "Thank you Annalise. I won't need you til this evening now, you can have the afternoon off." Morgana smiles. "Thank you." Annalise smiles. Silas smiles slightly as Annalise turns back to him "Atleast let me get you a cool cloth put on it." she tells him, referring to his eye. "If it puts your mind at ease." Silas nods, following her back to Gaius' chambers as Morgana takes her leave.

Silas sits on a stool as Annalise brings his a cool cloth and places it gently on his eye, he winces slightly "Sorry." she tells him. "It's alright, just a bit sore." he assures her. "You should have put something on it before, this should help with the bruising though." she scolds slightly. "Thank you." Silas smiles. Merlin walks in from his bedroom "I thought you left with Morgana?" he asks. "I did but Annalise wanted to make sure I put a cool cloth on my eye." Silas explains making Merlin nod. Annalise notices the cut on his lip "I've got some salve that I can put on your lip aswell. Hold that cloth is place." she tells him. Silas holds the cloth in place as she heads to the other side of the room, Merlin turns to Silas "It was Uther wasn't it?" he whispers. Silas nods "I stood up for Tom, he didn't like that." he responds just as quietly. Merlin shakes his head "What does Annalise think happened?" he asks. "She thinks it happened while I was training." Silas responds. Annalise walks back over and gently puts some salve on his cut lip "This should help it heal faster." she tells him. "You know a lot about this." Silas embarks. "Gaius has been teaching me in his spare time and when I'm not helping Gwen or Morgana." Annalise explains. "It's good, you're good at this. You've learnt fast." Silas compliments. "I only know the basics." she blushes. "You're already good at it." Silas smiles. Annalise smiles "Thank you." she tells him. Merlin smiles at the two of them slightly as he starts fiddling with stuff, making it look like he's not eavesdropping on them "There, the bruising should be gone in a week or so. The lip should be healed in a few days." Annalise tells Silas. "Thank you. I should go but a I'll see you soon?" Silas asks. Annalise nods "Hopefully not to heal something else though." she tells him.

That evening Silas sits eating his dinner with Arthur in Arthur's chambers "What happened to your eye?" Arthur asks. "Doesn't matter." Silas responds as he pops a tomato in his mouth. "Silas." Arthur says in a tone which tells Silas that he isn't getting out of the conversation. "Father didn't like the fact I stood up to him." Silas sighs. Arthur shakes his head "You shouldn't have said anything." he tells his brother. "If I didn't I would feel bad about not saying anything." Silas responds. "But you have Father a reason to hit you." Arthur tells him. "He doesn't need a reason, Arthur. He would have found something else to hit me, he always does it when he's angry. Whether I've had something to do with it or not." Silas extorts. "Just try not to anger him more than he already is." Arthur pleads. "Fine." Silas responds. Just then the warning bell sounds making the brothers jump up as a guard knocks on the door before entering "The prisoner has escaped." he tells them. The brothers look at each other before heading to the council chamber "He's just proved his guilt. You will kill him on sight." Uther tells them. "But the trial, Father!" Arthur protests. "The trial is a formality. Now I want him dead. And an end to it." Uther retorts. Silas glares and goes to say something but Arthur grabs his arm and pulls him out "Don't." he tells him. Silas clenches his jaw but nods before leaving and heading to his chambers.