XL- Taking the cup home

Start from the beginning

"You're right."

"And I can't even say 'I'm Anna Potter, nice to meet you.' because they'll interrupt me and be like, 'wow you're Harry's sister! What kind of person is he?' Well I'm not his bloody secretary."

We stayed quiet as I clenched my jaw, regretting to have snapped like that and open up to this guy. I barely even knew him.

"Well, are you nervous for your first game tomorrow, Anna?"

"Anna?" A voice said and snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up and smiled as I saw Pansy standing in the doorway.

"Hi," I answered. She looked back before coming in and closing the door.

"I wanted to come wish you good luck," she said as she sat down next to me.

"Betraying your house for me, Parkinson?" She looked me in the eyes.

"You're worth the betrayal, Anna Potter."

I blushed deeply at her words and averted my eyes. My heartbeat had suddenly picked up pace and I tried to calm in. I glanced back at her and saw her smug look. She kissed my cheek and I became even more flustered.

"Flustered, Potter?"

"Are you trying to be like Malfoy with my brother darling?"

"Anna!" She exclaimed and punched my shoulders. I laughed at her reaction while she shook her head. "You're unbelievable."

"Maybe, but at least I make you smile," I assured.

"You do." We smiled at each other and she kissed me gently. "Try not to die during the game okay?"

"I won't die, I'm going to win."

"I'd actually prefer if you didn't," she mentioned.

"Oh, you hurt my feelings dear."

"You'll get over it," she affirmed and kissed my forehead. "I'll see you after the game."

She started leaving but came back to give me one last kiss before walking out the door. I giggled like a child after she left and laid on my back.

"What's got you all smiley?" Angelina asked as she walked in the locker room. "And why are you here so early?"

"Oh, you know. Last quidditch match of the year."

She looked me up and down. "Right."

"Oh leave me be captain, am I not allowed to be happy?"

"No, no you are. But like you said, it's the last match of the year." She turned away from me and I sat up to look at her. 

"What's up?"

"It means that's my last game with you guys," she said and I could hear the emotion in her voice. It felt like a knife piercing through my heart. Such a strong and independent person getting emotional over that game being her last with us.

"We can still play. It might not be the same games, but we can still play."

"Everything's gonna change after this year, won't it?"

"I guess. Things change more than we'd like most of the time," I admitted and she hummed in agreement. "But hey, we're winning this game. We're winning the cup this year."

"Of course we are. I didn't make you guys train so hard for nothing," she laughed.

"Exactly."

The rest of the team walked in and Angelina looked more confident. She stood as tall as she usually did and spoke up.