𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god" she groaned, hiding her head in her hands. "Does Robin know too?"

"I'm not sure. If he does he hasn't brought it up...but there's a chance, he can be nosey"

"Wait" she looked up at me, "but you're the one who told Batman and Green Arrow about me"

"I was"

"Then it WAS a pity case?"

"I don't do pity cases. I knew you were different then your family and that you were trying to get better, I respected that"

"...really?" She breathed out, I nodded with a smile, "does this mean we're good?"

"We're good" I told her.

"Alright" she signed in relief, "you're really intimidating"

I laughed and hugged Artemis, she hugged back thankfully.

"Now," I started again, "lets go get some food, I'm hungry"

~ ~ ~

It was nighttime now. I was walking around the snowy Gotham town square with Wally in our uniforms.

It was times like these I really wish I was able to go out with him just as us, it would make everything so much easier.

I hated that I couldn't really be me when going out, as Rory I mean.

But going around public would have the paparazzi get involved, which means headlines of 'Rory Graysons Mysterious New Boyfriend'. Which wouldn't be a big deal if the team didn't know who Wally was. But they do, so when any of them (most likely Artemis), sees him and I together, they're going to wonder why he's seeing two girls, but it won't take long for them to realize both girls are me.

I had finished all of my Christmas shopping early so we had time to spend together.

A jazz band was playing holiday music on a stage in front of the town Christmas tree.

Wally nudged me gently, "wanna dance?"

I was taken aback slightly, "you know how?"

"Nope, but you do. Plus I'm a fast learner." He nudged his head in the direction where a bunch of others were already dancing, I didn't even get to respond before he grabbed my hand and guided me over.

He stood himself before me, "ok...hands on hips?"

I nodded and wrapped mine around his neck.

"Hips KF. Lower them"

He chuckled slightly and did what I said, a bit too much.

I narrowed my eyes but couldn't fight back the smile.

"Not that low" I scolded, grabbing them myself and placing them on hip before returning mine to where they were.

"There. Then you kinda just..." I guided him as we swayed back and forth while the music continued to play in the background.

"People are watching" Wally told me, not looking away.

"People always look when we're suited up. That kind of happens when you wear bright yellow" I joked even though his suit was in stealth mode at the moment.

"Or your ass is hanging out"

I dropped my jaw, "my ass is not hanging out. I have a skirt on!"

"It wasn't an insult" he reassured. "Aren't you cold?"

"There's a heater in the suit" I stated as we continued to sway, my skirt flowing gently with me.

"Smart. Agent A?" The speedster asked and I nodded. He hummed in response and looked at the band, "I like this song...Frank Sinatra?"

I tilted my head slightly and smiled, "yeah...how'd you know that?"

"You like him, so I listened to some of his stuff"

I nodded and the song ended, I heard the beginning of the next song and recognized it as Carol Of The Bells.

"Wanna learn how to actually dance?"

"Life's too short to say no"

I took one of his hands in mine and left the other on my waist, leaving my other hand on his shoulder.
I started off slowly, guiding him through the steps of a simply waltz, it was a common thing to know how to do if you grew up at least somewhat wealthy in Gotham so we weren't alone on the dance floor.

I was surprised by how fast he actually did catch on, spinning me every once in awhile while I taught him smaller moves.

Eventually, like all things, the song came to an end. All the others clapped at the band and we joined in, well I did. As I clapped I felt Wallys hand on my waist again as he spun me around, connecting our lips.

I smiled into it and continued the kiss.

"Eww"

We both pulled apart and looked to the source of the complaint to see Robin standing there with his arms crossed.

"Get a room" he complained some more.

I rolled my eyes at his behaviour, "aren't you supposed to be with Batman?"

"Yeah, he's watching right now. We've been here for like 15 minutes"

"WHAT?!" Both of us shouted, just to see Dick laughing.

"I'm kidding" he wheezed, "but he does need us. I'm not sure what for."

"Oh..." I sighed and looked up at Wally who looked down in understanding, "sorry"

"If Flash needed my help, you'd let me go. I don't mind, I'll find my way home ok?"

I smiled and nodded, kissing his cheek one last time before rushing off with Dick and heading to the cave.

~ ~ ~

"You rang?" I asked as I entered the bat-cave. Bruce sat at the computer in his uniform, but with the cowl down.

Photos of the circus were showing.

Our circus.

"I thought you'd want to know." He started, "Jack Haley seems to have gotten into some trouble with something I'm pretty sure he didn't do. If you're up for it, I suggest inspecting it with the team"

"Trouble?" I asked, "what kind?"

"Some robberies, the time and location match up with their tour. He could lose the circus."

I didn't look at Dick to converse, if he didn't want to go I was taking the team without him. I didn't need any more details beyond what Bruce said.

"We'll leave tomorrow morning. I need you to make Identities for us all, Conner, M'gann, Roy, Artemis, Dick and I. Us five can have a good act without causing too much attention. I'll inform them after packing my bags."

Bruce raised an eyebrow, "you seem oddly on-top of this"

"I grew up there for most of my life Bruce. I'm not letting it get forgotten. Now give me the details"

~ ~ ~