"COME SIT WITH US"

Monday, the first day back... 13:00

That evening had gone by quickly and the next morning they had to meet in the east wing for detention. Aiden himself hadn't slept at all and when Selene woke him up this morning he'd barely been asleep for five minutes. Hayley Fay and Stacey on the other hand had gotten caught trying to sneak out and were send to detention (again) by the congiere. So the next morning they decided to get him back by switching his coffee sugar with salt before heading to the detention room.

Selene and aiden were walking trough the barely lit halls of the castle, it was winter and it would be at least half an hour before the sun would come up. They were both in uniform but looked very tired. The student dorms were in the west wing, really far away from detention and you had to walk trough the cold outside to get to classroom 15b. So there they were at 6 in the morning dressed in black trousers and a white button up with their houses logo. Selene had a bag full of books with them and aiden who preferred to travel light had brough only a pencil hidden inside the pocket of his varsity jacket. When they entered room 15b there were two other kids already at their desks, a familiar face: goosje livie Thompson or as she preferred livie brooks. Their roommate that considering the time had been brought to school by her parents after stretching her vacation a little longer than others. And a new face who they later learned was Mila evans, a young YouTuber and new to the academy.

Selene and aiden had been deep into a conversation, "well I think it's horrendous that we only get so little food, I mean I need food to survive right? Why don't they let us into the kitchen. Remember last time when mr Franken gave us detention for eating Food from the cafeteria at night... ridiculous" "right yeah" Selene said although it was clear they didn't hear a word aiden said. "Did you see the new doctor who? Apparently there's a new doctor?" "Yessss" aiden replied almost instantly "I saw that yesterday, the new trailer! It looked really cool! I'm so excited! And I heard they're making old doctors come back? All at once in like a hallucination or something and I can't wait to see them all together! I mean that would be so iconic" they chat on until aiden finally notices ms noble, she kept trying to interrupt but wasn't noticed. "Oh wait hold on... sorry what do you want?" Selene laughed at the tone aiden used when addressing their what looked like a teenager in teacher costume and what probably was a new teacher considering neither of them recognized the woman. "Right uhhmmm what are your names" she said nervously. Selene took pity and answered politely "I'm Selene and this is aiden" aiden just smiled. "Okay right uhm yes I see your names on the list, here's the work mr carry gave me for you to make. And you can't leave before it's done" she nodded at the end to maybe give her statement more power. Aiden laughed and said "yaayy more school work" which sounded like it was more mocking than sincere. Both of them sat down and quickly returned to their conversation. Meanwhile a group of laughing girls entered, they were all laughing and their uniforms were decorated with hair clips, golden necklaces and lots of jewlery. You would recognize them anywhere: hailey, Fay and Stacy. Hailey was the first one to speak to miss noble, "well miss noble, did they rope you into leading detention" Fay continued without missing a beat "are they forcing the new teacher to do the dirty work?" Then Stacy replied instantly as if it was one person, they were complementing each other perfectly. "Or were you afraid to say no to the scary principal?" She replied. Miss noble looked starstruck for a second, unable to find her words. "Ehm.... Wel, eh...... goodafrternoon hailey Fay and Stacy. These assignments are for you. You can't leave before you're all done." Fay looked offended "seriously?!" She yelled. Stacy was a lot calmer but all of them acted dramatically offended by miss noble implying they had to do actual work. "Miss noble, I don't get it, I thought we bonded in class. Like we were pretty close? Why?" She pleaded. Miss noble laughed nervously, "the assignment isn't mine, it's from mister Franken...." She said calmly. "You could at least put in a good word for us, kk?" Hailey blinked and looked at miss noble with puppy eyes. Miss noble didn't know what to say but eventually regained confidence, "NO, I can't. Now sit down and do your assignments." Fay looked pleasantly surprised by the harsh tone their teacher used, "YES miss noble, and next time you say that to the principal!" "SIT DOWN GIRLS" miss noble said in the same tone and the three girls sat down in the back of the room.