ᴄᴀᴍɪʟᴏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴛᴀʟʟ ꜱ/ᴏ

_

!english isn't my first language, so there can be some grammar mistakes that I am sorry for in advance!

Camilo x gn!reader 

they/them for the reader & he/him for Camilo

author is very tall herself, she wrote this to cheer herself up

_

"I could shapeshift into a taller version of myself," Camilo stated under his breath, scanning Y/N.

They scoffed with a small smile. "Why don't you do that, then?"

Camilo narrowed his eyes and stepped closer, almost making Y/N step back due to the sudden proximity. He raised his chin up to meet their gaze.

"I could," he started. "But I like this."

Not giving Y/N any chance to react, he wrapped his arms around their middle and nuzzled his head into their chest.

"Uh, alright then." Y/N slowly draped their arms around his shoulders and rested their chin on his head. Kinda amazing how perfectly he fits there. "You like my hugs, so what?"

"Well, that too, but it's not what I meant,"

"Oh? Then what is it?"

With arms still tightly wrapped around them, he looked up. "I can listen to your heartbeat that way."

"O-oh..."

"Y/N?" Camilo poked them. "Mierda, did I break you?"

- Camilo absolutely loves you being taller than him

- at first, he acted grumpily, pretending he hates the fact he's shorter, because he thought it'd make you feel superior

- he gets all smiley and giddy when he thinks about your hugs and how easy it is to press a kiss to your collarbones or neck

- just one look from you, the one where you tilt your head, rest your hands on your hips and look down at him is enough to make him a blushing mess

- but after some time, he realized you're actually a bit insecure about your height

- the spared no time in showing you all the great things about you being so tall

- he doesn't go a day without paying you a compliment

- but it took some time before you started taking them seriously, previously you'd just roll your eyes at him

"Ooh, looks like Cami made a friend," Antonio said, catching Pepa's attention.

His mother turned to look at him. When she saw his little finger pointing at his brother, she followed with her gaze.

"What do you mean Toñito-"

She stopped noticing her son leaning against a wall of a nearby house. His half-lidded eyes were glued to his friend as they spoke words to him, although Pepa was sure he was far from listening.

A small, gray cloud appeared above her head. A few droplets fell to the ground just as two or three tears escaped Pepa's eye and rolled down her cheek. She smiled as a sense of familiarity and nostalgia washed over her.

She noticed her son looking up. She noticed Y/N taking a step back so they didn't have to tilt their head. She noticed Camilo pushing his shoulders back to appear taller. She noticed Y/N shifting their body weight to one leg and bending the other to appear smaller.

Small things, but nevertheless it was like observing herself and Félix when they were teens oh so many years ago.

"Má, you have a cloud. Are you okay?" Antonio's toucan flapped its wings to make the cloud go away as the kid tugged on his mom's orange dress.