ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ [xꜰᴇᴍ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ] ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ ᴀᴜ

_

"hello! i saw ur requests are open! i was wondering if you could maybe do a camilo x reader modern fic (she/her) where they are cuddling and the reader loves camilos hair and won't stop playing with it (maybe she tries new hair styles with it too?) thank you so much!" ~ anon on Tumblr

this was requested on Tumblr: @sesamestreet47

this is loosely connected to my previous work "Eyeshadow", read it to better understand this story

aged up!Camilo Madrigal x fem!reader

she/her for the reader & he/him for Camilo

fluff, comfort, slight angst

modern AU, Camilo and Y/N are eighteen-ish

word count: 3848

not beta read!

!english isn't my first language, so there can be some grammar mistakes that I am sorry for in advance!

_

"What is it with you today?" Y/N asked, looking up from the textbook.

It was yet another Saturday. Y/N, as usual, came in early in the morning in order to help Camilo with his homework.

What was unusual was the fact he didn't greet her like he normally did. In fact, the boy was still asleep when she arrived at his house. She literally had to wake him up. And while seeing Camilo's irritated face when he looked up at her from the floor after she pushed him off of the bed was worth it, she couldn't help but notice something was off.

Sure, no one liked to wake up early on the weekends, but Camilo was already used to it. Not once had Y/N seen him unhappy to see her or study with her. So, when Camilo once again spaced out and ignored her question, she decided to just ask him straight in the eye.

Camilo snapped his gaze towards her. He rubbed his eyes.

"Sorry," he muttered. "Just tired."

"Yeah, no." Y/N closed the book. "I'm not buying that."

She stood up from the chair and walked over to Camilo. He averted his gaze from her. He knew that one look at her face and he might just give in. It was hard to comprehend how she did that, that face. It was a perfect mix of concern, judgement, determination and anger. Like she decided to feel all those at once and let everyone know that. It was hard to not just blurt out everything after seeing that expression.

"You can tell me." and there was this as well, that "spell". No matter how soft her voice was, he couldn't look up. Nope, nope, nope.

"Yeah, but I don't have to." he pushed himself further into the pillows.

Y/N's brows raised up a bit, but she refused to lose her cool. She pressed her lips into a thin line. Clearly unsatisfied with that answer, she turned away and put the textbook back on the desk. A slightly puzzled expression with a sprinkle of annoyance adorned her features. She cleared her throat and looked at Camilo one more time. Scanning him from head to toe, she let out a hum. Slouching even more than usual made it clear that he was not in the mood to talk. So, she made a beeline to the door, not bothering to comment on his posture probably getting worse and worse which each second spent lying like this.

"Okay... Gonna leave you alone for a moment then," she said, grabbing the doorknob. "We're not gonna get anything done otherwise, so... I don't know, take a break to think or something."

Camilo lifted his head at that. His brows were furrowed, not sure whether to stop her or let her leave. "What? You're just gonna wait by my door until then?"