ʙᴀʀᴛᴇɴᴅᴇʀ [xꜰᴇᴍ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ]

_

aged up!Camilo Madrigal x fem!reader

she/her for the reader & he/him for Camilo

!the drinking age in Colombia is eighteen years old, that's why Camilo, Mirabel and Y/N are aged up!

fluff, a bit of angst, hurt and comfort

takes place three years post-canon

word count: 7294

!english isn't my first language, so there can be some grammar mistakes that I am sorry for in advance!

_

"Congratulations, Dolores. I'm so happy for you, you look absolutely stunning."

Y/N kissed Dolores' cheek. The latter smiled brightly. The freshly wedded couple had just arrived back at the Casita where the party was supposed to be taking place. Dolores wiped her hands against her white dress. She cupped the material in her hands, which caused the skirt lift a bit. Her lips curved into a smile as the realization that she was now a wife slowly dawned on her. Not a girlfriend, not a fiancée, not a bride. A wife.

"Thank you, Y/N." she grabbed the teen's hands with her own. She held them tightly and let out a shaky breath.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just still in shock that it actually happened." Dolores let out a chuckle with tears forming in her eyes. "I'm not dreaming, am I? Y/N?"

"I assure you, you're not, hon," Y/N laughed. "You got married and it was beautiful."

"Yeah, even mamá didn't cry. I was a little stressed when I saw the clouds, but fortunately, she held it in." Dolores' voice was quiet but fast. "I gotta thank her, I'll give her a big kiss on the cheek, you know?"

Y/N lightly shook the young woman's hands to bring her back to the ground as she noticed she was starting to ramble. "See? But if it was a dream, I'd be really flattered you were dreaming of me." Y/N elbowed the girl smirking slightly. Dolores giggled at that.

The tension in her shoulders disappeared. She felt her breathing come back to its regular pattern. She looked at the teen girl with a genuine and sweet smile.

"Thank you,"

"Yeah." Y/N returned the gesture. "Now, go to your husband. Unlike Pepa, he probably couldn't keep the happy tears in."

Dolores nodded and she left looking for her groom. Her ear sticking out in hopes of hearing the tears of ecstasy.

Y/N watched her friend walk away. Her eyes lingered on the veil before they moved to the various embroidered decorations at the bottom of her skirt. White like the rest of the creation, so they wouldn't take the attention from the one wearing it. Still, it was a nice touch. "What a beautiful bride," she whispered to herself.

She was brought back from her trance when she felt someone tugging at her dress. She looked down.

"Hola, Antonio," she greeted the youngest Madrigal. "What's up? Are you asking me to dance with you?"

Antonio's eyes widened like he realized something big. "Wait, can I?" the kid asked, excitement appearing in his eyes.

"If you want to. I know what a fabulous dancer you are, so I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up though." Y/N kneeled in front of the eight-year-old. Antonio smiled at her, but then shook his head.

"Ay, maybe later. My toucan told me that Mirabel is looking for you," he said and grabbed Y/N's hand pulling her towards the minibar, where his cousin was sitting.