"Yes, thank you" For mere seconds my gaze passed hers.

"Why?" she questioned and I could feel her gaze on me.

"Why what?" I continued to stare at the city and eating and drinking at the same time.

"Why don't you believe in love?" She took a sip of her coffee.

"Love is an illusion" Now I was the one who took a sip of my coffee. "It is a weapon that sooner or later kills us"

"Have you ever fallen in love with someone?" Natasha turned her whole body to me.

"It was never necessary. To understand the purpose and what love means, you just have to observe what happens in people's everyday lives. For example, you were probably hurt by Atlas after yesterday" I spoke turning fully towards her as well.

"You're afraid" She said stroking my face, making my whole body shiver under her touch. "You are afraid of what love can make you feel. You're afraid of giving yourself to someone and you're afraid especially of giving someone the power to be able to hurt you."

"I'm not afraid of anything, Natasha" I spoke in a confident tone.

"We are all afraid of something." She removed her hand from my face and smiled at me.

"What are you afraid of?" I asked bringing my body closer to hers.

"I guess you'll have to find out for yourself, Alex Grey" Natasha turned around and went back inside.

I looked back at the city one last time taking another sip and also went back inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But where the fuck were you?!" Atlas snapped at Natasha.

Instinctively I put myself in front of her.

"Lower your tone, Atlas" I spoke assertively.

"Alex get out of the way! This is none of your business!" He shouted.

"I'm not getting the fuck out of the way until you calm down. I know Natasha can with you, however you reek of alcohol. And I know very well how aggressive you get. In fact, need I remind you of the times I've been beaten up because you were drunk?" He was silent for a while.

"I promised I wouldn't touch you again" He said with his hands clenched.

"I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about her. I don't trust you to be in the same place with her in the shape you are in" I stated.

"I can take care of myself Alex" Natasha spoke coming out from behind me.

"I know-" I was about to start speaking but was stopped.

"Then go away" She said in a harsh voice.

Without saying anything else I walked away towards the training room.

I urgently needed to take my anger out on something.

I didn't even bother to put protection on my hands and started hitting one of the punching bags. With each second my strength increased and the pain in my knuckles disappeared.

"ALEX" I heard Wanda calling my name but I remained focused on hitting the bag.

"Four help!" She shouted.

Four grabbed from behind and pulled me away from the bag even though he knew I would struggle to get back.

"Enough Alex! Your hands are full of blood!" He yelled dragging me out of the room.