Jumbled Mess (Mark's Point of View)

Start from the beginning

"From all the things you and Curt have told me about her I am sure she is those hopeless romantic types. You know flowers and teddy bears loving kind of girl. So, just get her, her favorite type of chocolates along with her favorite type of flowers and then just work your charm."

"What does 'work your charm' means?" I asked, confused.

"Tell her how much you love her you idiot, you are a sappy bastard you should know what to say," she said, face-palming herself. I rolled my eyes, and just like that I knew exactly what to say to her.

I said goodbye to Alex and then drove away to get the love of my life her favorite flowers and chocolates.

I was standing outside of Mariah's house, almost on the verge of hyperventilating. I know I am overreacting, but if she rejects me this time it will hurt twice as much I just know it. Taking a deep breath I pressed my finger on the door bell.

Mariah's mom opened the door, looking very amused for some reason. I gave her a sheepish grin as she invited me in. Without wasting any time I ran upstairs with a bouquet of roses in one hand, and a box of Godiva in another.

I entered her room without knocking, because I know she would have kicked me out. Mariah was lying on her bed, looking every bit like the goddess she is. She is the most perfect thing in the world, everything she does is perfect and beautiful, especially her smile, it literally takes my breath away.

I cleared my throat in order to get her attention, and she glanced at me glaring. If only she knew that her glaring doesn't make her any more threatening than a kitten. She is so cute, and she is all mine, or well she will be.

I walked over to her bed and took a seat at the very end of it, just in case she decides to strangle me it will be easier to run from here.

She sat up, leaning against the back, refusing to look at me. I smiled and pushed the bouquet of roses in front of her face, frantically waving it. Her eyes were moving with the roses, her eyes looked bright. "Forgive me?" I whispered.

And just like that the brightness of her eyes was gone, replaced by a sudden coldness. I gulped, this is not good.

"Meme, let me explain okay?" she didn't say anything, so, I took that as a "fine, talk you moron."

"I went to Alex's house, to tell her it's over between her and I. Did you know she was cheating on me with Curt?" That got her attention as she looked in my eyes, with sympathy. Ha! She should not sympathize with me I knew Alex and Curt were banging this whole time, Mariah doesn't need to know that, she will probably kill me for lying to her about not knowing. I will tell her I knew once her anger cools down.

"Yes, I knew she was dating Curt, I should have told you but Alex or Lexi, whatever her name is said she will tell you on her own. I am sorry." I rolled my eyes, I came here to apologize to her and now she is apologizing to me. She really is something.

"Please don't apologize I should be apologizing to you, I am really sorry Mariah I should have told you where I was going before just barging out of here." She smiled, dazing me, she is so beautiful...

"I forgive you, but yes you should have told me where you were going, I felt like whipping you, you know." I smirked.

"You mean you wanted to spread whip cream all over my body and then lick it off? Wow, I would like that." She glared at me, but I know when it's real and when it's not, right now she is trying her hardest not to laugh. Oh God, I love her so much.

"No, like whip you with an actual whip until your skin start peeling off," she said, I shuddered, wow, she is violent.

"Ah, whips and chains...you are kinky I like it," I winked and that was it; I finally got to hear the musical sound of her laugh ringing throughout the room.