𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘, 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐘

Start from the beginning

As a image of Sportsmaster  showed up I watched Artemis's reaction and her eyes widen. I wish I could comfort her but I couldn't give away the fact that I knew her true identity.

"Sportsmaster was spotted coming through Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport"

"In full costume?" Zee questioned from behind me, I turned to her as she continued, "nervy"

"In street clothes" Oliver clarified, "facial recognition software picked up the ID. Find put what he's up to"

"All of us?" Conner finally spoke up, "seems like overkill for a shadow job"

"Perhaps a small squad" Tornado suggested, "Miss Martians camouflage abilities seem ideal"

"Thought the sidekicks...sorry, ex-sidekicks, could suit up on this. Dove, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Red Arrow" the four of us all grinned at each other, it had been a long time that we had done a mission just us.

"Good. Stakeouts make me crazy" Superboy half complained

"We could use the night off" M'gann added.

"I want in"

We all turned to Artemis as she spoke, I looked at the emotions on her face and read her body language. She didn't want to be replaced by Roy, I understood. She didn't need to be so pushy but it couldn't hurt to bring her along. 

I nodded in agreement and looked at Kaldur who didn't protest then Green Arrow, "she can come"

~ ~ ~

I sat in the pilots seat of the bioship, thankful for the lessons M'gann had given me in our spare time.

Artemis was upset, I could tell. It wasn't hard for me to understand what she was thinking.

"Artemis" I called quietly, she turned in her seat which was the nearest to me on the left hand side.

"Hmm?" The blonde hummed.

"You are a real archer." I affirmed, her face softened slightly, "as happy as I am about Red Arrow being here that's simply because him and I have known each other for so long. You've made your place on the team too"

"...thanks" she smiled and I nodded before redirecting my attention to flying.

~ ~ ~

I landed us in New Orleans and we all split up.

Artemis and I stayed in the bioship while the others travelled on land.

"Targets heading north. Pursue but maintain a discreet distance. And that goes double for you Artemis, Sportsmaster has proven adept at spotting Martian camouflaging when in motion"

"I'm flying, not her" I reminded Roy who was being quite rude.

"Well then be careful."

I rolled my eyes and continued to fly.

After a while of following he radioed again.

"He stopped, hold your positions. I'm moving in for a closer look."

Artemis tapped her fingers impatiently before getting up. I watched in confusion as she opened the door.