The New Years Eve Party (2014)

This was it. The end of another year for the MA, and still alive. Well mostly. For some it was a time of celebration, but for Regina and Robin, it was a time of misery and hopelessness. And others danced around in the gym, where the party was being held, Regina was leaning of Robin's shoulder, both their eyes red from crying. Robin then looked down at his broken wife, she had been through so much, it wasn't fair that this were to happen to her, or anyone for that matter. Then Henry ran towards them, he was upset, but still was up enjoying the party.
"Mom, Robin, come on, the party will be over soon. Please just enjoy yourselves for tonight" Henry asked, then turned back around to join his younger brother, Roland. Robin looked at the two if them, Roland jumping up and down out if time to the music, whilst Henry just held his hands, swaying them back and forth.
"He's right you know" Robin sighed, Regina looked up at him and nodded slightly. She knew he was right too, they both needed a break from grieving. Robin stood up and held his hand out, "Lets go get changed and sorted out first then" he suggested, Regina still said nothing as she took his hand, him pulling her up and wrapping his arm around her waist as they walked out of the gym and up the stairs. They both entered the bedroom, Regina immediately going to her wardrobe seeing what to wear whilst Robin went into the bathroom to have a quick shower.
Meanwhile downstairs in the gym, Zelena had watched her younger sister and brother in-law leave the party. She looked to her nephews dancing happily and smiled sadly as a tear ran down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away and turned to see Will behind her.
Zelena POV
"You think she's alright?" He asked, i shrugged.
"As good as you would be if you had a miscarriage" i sighed. Regina had only managed to get herself kidnapped by the EE whilst she was in her early stages, and if course, Daniel was pissed at the fact she had moved on, even though he knew they were married and had Roland. So he'd beaten her viciously, causing her to be covered in bruises and blood. Of course she fought back, but not hard enough, since by the time we got to the place they took her, she was completely battered and broken. Belle tried everything she could, but nothing could have saved that baby. It shattered the once excited couple. It's been almost a week since then. Yeah, it happened on Christmas, well that when we rescued her, she was there since the 20th since we had no idea where she was. Will nodded and looked over towards Henry and Roland who were still dancing happily to the music.
"Well, i say it was a good thing the kids didn't know beforehand. They would be destroyed otherwise." I nodded in agreement.
"They should be alright soon. Henry had a talk with them, they've gone to change i think" Will nodded. "All we're doing is saying things and nodding in reply" I admitted chuckling slightly. Will looked at me and nodded, i playfully punched his arm and we both started laughing quietly before i went to see our mother, who was also in quite a broken state. She had gone on the mission with me and Robin to find Regina, against Gold's orders of course. She saw how battered up Regina was and broke down in tears instantly at her unconscious daughter, who looked dead at first. That was the third time i had ever seen her cry for Regina, the first when she was born, second is another story.
I walked over to Cora who was staring blankly into space, obviously in deep thought.
"Mother?" I whispered, snapping her out of her trance. She blinked a few times before looking up at me with a sad smile on her face.
"Sorry dear. I'm slightly out if sorts today" i sat down beside her.
"So, you alright now?" I asked concerned,
"She still hasn't spoken a word since we found her Zelena" she whispered, "not a single one! Not to me, to you, to her sons, nobody!"
"Not even Robin?" I asked, she shook her head.
"I asked him yesterday, AND this morning! I-I don't think she's coming back..." She trailed off. I couldn't say anything, because she was right. If Regina was going to recover, she would have at least said something by now, but she only nods, shrugs or shakes her head. My mother was a very complicated person, only a few years ago they started speaking again, when Roland was born. Yet she still knew nothing about her daughter, but cared deeply for her.
Regina POV
As soon as Robin went to shower, i went to look for something to wear; since my grey leggings and long black tank top weren't really party material. I scanned through my wardrobe, coming across old clothes i wore on older missions like dresses and suits and other more casual attire. I found one of my jumpsuits, black satin with sequins lining the neck line with thick black straps that covered almost all my shoulders. I decided to wear that since I didn't feel like wearing a dress or anything too skin-tight, and i grabbed a pair of plain black flats which i slipped on as soon as i got dressed.
Robin came out of the shower as i started applying some makeup to mask some of the bruises and cuts i still had from the most recent encounter with my ex.
"You alright?" Robin asked, I nodded still unable to speak. I wanted to speak, to tell him, Zelena and even my mother and everyone else thank you for saving me, even if they couldn't save my baby they still brought me back to my sons. I wanted to be able to comfort Robin who secretly cries at night when he thinks I'm asleep, thinking of what could have happened if they found me sooner, or worse, later. I wanted to express my love to my family and friends, but i was dead inside... So I couldn't do any of those things. "You know, we don't have to go if you don't want to.." Robin trailed off, i turned around and gave him the look that said 'i want to for us, we need to move on and this is our first step towards becoming a family again' without any words leaving my mouth. And Robin understood thankfully. He nodded and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before going to get himself ready. I turned back around and finished off applying my foundation, a light amount of grey eyeshadow and mascara and little amount of pink lipgloss, to put some colour on my lips. By the time i finished Robin had already dressed into a pair of denim jeans and was putting on the t-shirt i had bought him for Christmas, a white background with blue writing across the front. "you ready?" He asked, i shook my head and pointed to his bare feet, smiling as he made an 'oh' shape with his mouth, grabbing a pair of socks and his pair of white trainers, quickly putting them on. "Okay, ready now?" He asked after he finished, i nodded. He wrapped his arms around me before giving a reassuring kiss on the forehead. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we made our way back to the party.
As soon as the doors opened, everyone stopped and turned to look at us, it was silent almost. Then Henry and Roland came running towards us,
Robin POV
"You came back!" Roland laughed jumping into Regina's arms as she whirled him around.
"Mom! Dad!" Henry said running towards us. "I thought you two weren't coming back for a few seconds there".
"Well your mom had to put on her makeup didn't she" i joked,
"Well you would have forgotten your shoes if I didn't point them out" we all looked at Regina,
"Yo-you spoke" I whispered. Regina smiled as she nodded,
"I think its about time don't you?" She laughed, oh how i had missed her laugh, and her voice in general. She was coming back. Everyone continued with what they were doing, knowing making a fuss would make things worse, but that didn't stop Zelena and Will running over towards us. Regina put Roland down, and just in time and Zelena tackled Regina in a tight hug.
"Wow-can't-breathe-Ze" Regina squeezed out.
"Oh sorry, I'm just so glad your getting back to your old self!" Zelena said releasing her slightly.
"You alright?" Will asked, she nodded, "good" then Will joined in the hugging session making it into a group hug.
"Okay now this is just weird" Regina whispered and everyone chuckled.
"Can i join in?" I asked,
"Why not? Everyone else seems to" Regina chuckled as Henry and Roland joined in. We all stayed huddled for about 5 minutes before Roland said he needed to use the bathroom, and he managed to get himself into the middle, so we all separated and Henry took him to the bathroom. Regina instantly took a deep breath.
"Well, that was touching" we turned to see Cora standing behind me, making me jump.
"M-mother?" Regina stuttered, "are you okay?" a smile immediately crossed the woman's lips.
"Yes, i am now" Cora laughed pulling Regina into an unexpected hug.
"COME ON GUYS!" Someone shouted, obviously Will, "ITS THE COUNTDOWN!".
No POV
Everyone rushed to the centre of the gym in a circle. Regina was in between Henry and Zelena, who was next to Will, next to Cora, next to Gold, next to his son Baelfire (Bae), next to Emma (Mary Margaret's daughter), next to Mary Margret, next to David, who was next to Robin who was next to Henry. Roland jumped ip in his mother's arms and Regina balanced him on her hip. The Tv was just in view but was on blasting so everything could be heard.
"Okay 10! 9!" Will started counting and everyone joined in.
"8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!" Everyone said loudly before yelling "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" And Will ran and put the music on the radio. As everyone congratulated everyone on the new year and wishing everyone the best of luck, the merry men burst in.
"Lets get this party started en!" John shouted as Tuck turned the radio up on full volume. As fireworks went off in the sky outside, everyone either danced or tapped their feet to the music.
"How about some old fashioned folk dancing?" Cora suggested.
"Folk dancing? Really?" Zelena said chuckling.
"Well we need some order to this chaos" Cora laughed.
"Mom.. No, just no" Will chuckled taking Belle onto the dance floor. John danced with Zelena, Robin with Regina, Henry tried to keep Roland occupied, Emma and Bae danced a bit, Mary and David were dancing whilst Gold, Cora and some of the others were sat down talking.
The night consisted of dancing, laughing and some of the hood things that happened within the last year. Regina and Robin finally sat down, both out of breathe and tired,
"Lets try and get a better year this year" Robin whispered, Regina chuckled and nodded. As they all partied till the sun rose the next day, those Merry Men knew how to keep a party going. They were all due for one hell of a hangover the next day.

Sorry i haven't updated this story in like months, to be honest i had so many stories on the go i forgot about this one 😔 oops😁 BUT ITS BACK! Now i have a list of three options ready for the next chapter, vote for which one you want to see me write about:
•the day Regina got captured by Daniel
•when they found Regina in the EE hq (on christmas day)
•the days without Regina in the MA hq
Please vote and hopefully ill get the chapter done soon cxx
-C_OUAT 💋💋