"Gentlemen are left with no other choice, Mother. When a young woman, let alone one's sister, is rumored to be dishonored, the consequences shall be deadly!" Anthony responds as he continues the conversation with Violet and squeezes my hand tighter.

I looked toward Daphne and say, "Are you alright?" as she shook her head slightly.

"I must marry Nigel Berbrooke, it's our only chance," Daphne responds as everyone looks utterly defeated by her answer.

After a few more moments of silence, Daphne leans in and whispers, "Are you courting my brother?" as I shook my head no.

"Not to my knowledge, I simply wanted him to know I was there for him, to show him he wasn't alone. It just happened," I whispered back as Anthony continues staring out the window of the carriage, unbeknownst of our conversation, "but he did use to do this with me when we were younger."

"I wouldn't mind having you as a sister-in-law," Daphne whispers back with a smile on her face as I send a small smile back.

"I haven't exactly forgiven your brother yet if you don't know, but.." I whispered as I think for a few more seconds, "I feel the same way about you and your siblings, though I know he would probably find a better match if he were to enter the next season of society."

"Highly doubt it, you're the perfect match," Daphne whispers as she then leans back in her seat, finishing the conversation.

I lean back to stare out the window until I felt Anthony lean to my ear to whisper, "Can we go talk in the study when we arrive?" I nod my head and whispered back, "Okay."

After we arrived at the estate, Anthony and I headed inside towards the study for a private conversation. Anthony shut the door behind us as we walked in, momentarily letting my hand go to do so.

"First, I would like to formally apologize for breaking society's rule about a gentlemen holding lady's hand. That was wrong of me to but, I just felt myself calming by doing the interaction, so I just simply ignored those rules at the moment," Anthony says as he sighed and put his hands on his hips, "I also formally apologize for what you witnessed today and for what I said about wanting to duel Nigel."

Anthony starts to pace around the study, obviously have been bothered by what happened more than I thought. I try to snap him out of this trance by saying his name multiple times, but to no avail, it didn't work so I walked over and put my hands on his face to make him look directly at me.

"Anthony, you don't have to apologize for every bad thing that has happened in my presence, it's never your fault that they happen. With the hand holding, I was not bothered because you used to do it with me when we were younger, and with Nigel bargaining like a foolish bull to try to blackmail you into thinking you made the wrong decision taking back your promise of an arrangement, that was his fault for being such a sleaze of a man to try to force Daphne into marriage with him and taking advantage of when she was alone," I said as I see Anthony slow his breathing down, calming down from his panic and fear that his family name will be in ruin because of something he thinks he's done.

Anthony then whispered, "Can I rest my head on you? I know I still have to prove that you can forgive me, but for now, I just need to feel you close." as I nod my head and whisper back, "I understand." as he takes my hand in his before we exit the study to head to his bedroom chambers, for privacy from his mother and siblings.

After we entered, I shut the door and lead him towards the bed so we could sit side by side. Anthony sighs as he decided to lie down in a position that allows his head to be situated in my lap, allowing me to run my hand through his soft brown hair. Exactly like what we used to do when we were around the years of teens.