After a few minutes of promenading and talking passed by, we finally arrived to the tent and Violet's eyes lit up at the sight of my arrival.

"Y/N, dear, I didn't know you were coming along," Violet says as I smile and respond, "Anthony has invited me to come, and I couldn't just turn down the request" as I take a seat next to her.

As we continued our chat, I notice Simon and Daphne promenading side by side, seemingly enjoying their conversation. "I really hope they turn the ruse into an actual courtship, they're fit for one another," I thought to myself as I watch. Then I see someone making haste towards the tent, Lord Berbrooke, and he definitely looks terrible.

"Bridgerton!" Nigel shouts as he arrived at the tent, prompting Anthony to turn around as he was standing next to my seat, "I bring cheerful news, Bridgertons. I have taken matters in my own hands and sought a special license for my wedding to Miss Bridgerton."

"There is to be no wedding," Daphne says as Anthony voices his disagreement, "I told you. The arrangement is canceled."

As Violet tries to take the conversation into private ears, bless her heart, Nigel refused and rebutted with, "I require no further conversation. Though, perhaps I am finally speaking to the true head of the Bridgerton house." before turning to Anthony to speak, "For if it were you, I imagine you would have instructed your sister to take better care than to encourage certain attentions while alone with me on the Dark Walk at Vauxhall. Of course, mere hearsay of such a scandal could wreak havoc on even the most influential of families."

I wish Nigel would hush and stop talking.

"What would someone like, say, Lady Whistledown do with such unseemly information?" Nigel mentions as I can feel Anthony becoming angrier by the minute.

"Is that a threat?" Anthony asked as Nigel responds, "It is certainly not. Because in three days, I am to marry. I have the diamond of the season. I have the very best the ton has to offer. I have a Bridgerton. And I shall save her, as well as your entire family, from the ruin which you could not protect them."

Simon suddenly moves as if to almost start something with Nigel again until Benedict stops him from going too far. I look to Anthony, who has the license in his hands, and I could tell he's stressing himself about this situation so I place my hand on top of one of his to show comfort, but he did something I never expected, he took it and was now holding it, which was frowned in society if you weren't to be courted or married to one another.

Nigel flinches as he bids ado with, "I look forward to the union of our great families. Bridgerton. Hastings." and walks away from the tent.

Violet sighs and says, "I believe we should be heading back to the estate. I've had enough of this today, Y/N, I'm sorry to cut this evening short." as I shook my head and reply, "Oh no no, it's totally fine. I'm sure Isa and Charlie had fun either way, it was nice to spend time with you guys again."

I get up from my seat and was about to leave, but then realize that Anthony was still holding my hand. I leaned in to ask, "Are you okay?" as he shook his head.

"Will it be okay if you, Isa, and Charlie tag along back to the estate?" Anthony whispered back as I looked towards them, still having fun. It would be sad to have to interrupt it, so I looked back to Anthony and respond, "Of course it would, they can just ride back with them." as we both started walking to the main carriage, still holding hands. Wonder what or who would be the talk of the ton for today.

After we got into the carriage and started the journey back, Anthony cuts the silence with, "I must issue my challenge to Berbrooke straight away. I've been properly trained in the matter. I know the rules to follow.." before Violet interrupts with, "You are not to duel with Lord Berbrooke. Do you understand me? I do not care what kind of training you think you may have. It is illegal, not to mention positively horrific."