| chapter eight |

You wanna know the really funny thing about this group? None of the boys can stay in their own damn lane.

Benny said he would quote-unquote "go easy on us" to give me more opportunity to warm up. and catch the ball. This didn't really help my chances though, as any time the ball would go remotely close to me, one of the boys would run in front of me to catch it. What assholes.

Once again, the baseball flies over the field for the millionth time in the past hour, but this time, it flew right into left-center - exactly where I was positioned.

I held my glove out into the air and began to back out, but suddenly felt a sharp pain in my left rib as I stumbled to the ground, landing in a patch of murky sand.

"YO, WATCH IT BUDDY!" Yeah Yeah squealed as he clasped the ball swiftly out from my reach.

"What the hell dude?" I shouted at him as I stood up, brushing the dust off my shorts. "The ball was headed right towards me, piece of shit."

Never in my life have I ever met a more sexist group of guys in my life, like it isn't the sixties anymore. I mean, us women got our rights to vote decades ago, yet something really wasn't clicking in their prepubescent brains.

But the boy looked me dead in the eyes, just before spitting right into my face and he tossing the ball to my feet.

Now, I'm pretty good at keeping my temper at a minimum, but when I say I lost it after that, I mean it.

I wiped the saliva off my face, mouth dropped in awe. "You don't know what the fuck you just got yourself into..." I mumbled as I glared down at him. I could see Benny and Smalls cringing at the interaction as they shook their heads, but I chose to ignore them.

He swiftly turned around, chuckling to himself as he receives pats on the back from the other boys, leaving me alone in the middle of the lot.

And that's when I snapped.

"HEY ASSHOLE, CATCH THIS!" I quickly snatch the ball off the ground and chucked it as hard as I could, right towards his sweet spot.

SMACK!

Shockingly, I was right on target. The ball had landed perfectly, colliding right into his crotch.

The boy grunted in agony, clenching his balls with two hands, falling straight on his back as the boys around him gasped and ran towards him.

"OH DAMN, IS HE GOOD?" One of them shouted.

"He looks dead to me, that was a fast one too! Not as weak as I thought,"

"Shit man, he probably can't have kids no more!"

After a few seconds of harshly regretting my decision, I slowly jogged over to the circle surrounding the injured boy, rolling around in the sand, as he cried out in pain. I probably shouldn't have thrown it so hard, his balls are definitely compromised. 

A cold hand placed a light grip on my shoulder from behind me, which had to be Smalls. I flinched a little, but having him next to me made me feel comforted, as he out of anyone would defend my actions no matter what.

"Hey, nice throw Elle! You've got a better arm than me." I heard the voice murmur in my ear as a whiff of peppermint gum took over my senses. However, this voice was WAY more mature and deep than you're average little boy, making me quickly pivot my head.

There was Benny, six-foot and all, towering over me with his hand placed on my shoulder. Huh, I knew he was tall, but it really feels different when he's less than a foot away. I stood in shock for a moment, staring him up and down, before quickly blinking back into focus.

"Thanks, I mean, he gets what he deserves." I chuckled while biting the inside of my lip as my legs swayed back and forth. I just nailed a kid in the nuts in front of several people with zero fear, yet a hand on my shoulder was making me queasy. What a joke.

"Damn right." He exclaimed as he released his hand from my body and slowly weaved through the crowd of boys, eventually pulling Yeah Yeah onto his feet.

Yeah Yeah, slowly letting go of his bruised junk, eventually limped over towards me. I gulped as he got closer, but stood my ground.

"Well played, you've earned my respect I suppose." I sigh in relief. At least he isn't mad.

"Sorry about that, but you had it coming. No hard feelings though!" I laughed as he shook his head.

"So guys, does that mean she in?" Smalls chimed in as he beamed like I was some prized possession of his.

A sudden silence occurred among the boys, as they all huddled and whispered at each other. But after an excessively long minute had passed, one of the boys emerged from the crowd.

"Ahem, ladies and gents, we've made the executive decision to - drumroll please..." The boys began to pat their hands against their knees, like some sort of cult, "... To allow the girl to stay for a bit. I mean, after all, she's got a better throw than Elsewenger!" DeNunez explained as I began to receive cheers and pats on the back. Not sure who Elsewenger is, but I'll take it as a compliment.

I grin, turning back to look at Smalls. He flashes a quick thumbs up and begins to applaud like a maniac.

Guess this whole thing wasn't such a bad idea after all.

*

hey yall, be expecting some fun chapters soon xoxo

- alex