Episode 9

'hello' means speaking in Japanese
'hello'  means thoughts

3rd PoV

Jihyun stared at his zombified mother with wide eyes, same goes with Cheong-san. In his vision, his mother was sweetly smiling at him, but in reality, she's growling at them.

'Jihyunnie'

The others noticed the two zombies in front of them and started attacking them. Jihyun snapped back to reality as he sees his classmates are attacking his mother so he goes to stop them.

"S-stop! I'll kill you if you don't stop!" He spoke in Japanese as he tries to stop them, he pushed them away.

"Stop what you are doing! Wujin! That's my mother you're beating up!" he shouted, he refused to let his tears fall down his face, she was supposed to fly back to Japan, here she is. A zombie.

He started to punch Wujin, who was using his arms as a shield. Su-hyeok went to stop Cheong-san from beating Daesu and Gyeong-su to Jihyun.

"Let go of me! Mom!" He thrashed around. Same with Cheong-san and Su-hyeok together with Onjo.

Both of them watched as the others beat their zombified mothers. Cheong-san cried while Jihyun stared at the scene, gritting his teeth and his jaw clenched in anger.

The zombies are getting nearer and they have to leave. They started to run and Su-hyeok and Gyeong-su urge the two to run with them. Jihyun mindlessly follows them. He has a small flashback moments with his mom.

*Flashback*

Fuyumi, Jihyun's mother, was washing the dishes when little Jihyun come downstairs, running as he excitedly tells his mom that when he grow up he will be a top student in his school to make her proud. She laughs softly as she carries him in her arms and booped his nose.

"Jihyunnie.. You're so precious.. I'm proud of you even you're not a top student.. Just remember, Momma loves you so much" she kisses his forehead as little Jihyun smiled brightly.

He kissed her mother's cheek and said. "I love you too Momma!"

*End of Flashback*

He noticed that Hyo-ryung was not with them and he saw her with Ji-min who left her. He immediately goes to her and pushed the zombie away but the zombie managed to tackle him and told her to run with the others until an arrow pierced through the zombie and he pushed it aside.

He looked from where the arrow came from and he saw Jang Ha-ri, Wujin's Sister. "Follow me"

They finally arrived at the gym and they go inside. They panted, trying to catch their breath from all the running. Namra froze in place.

"Namra, what's wrong?" Jonnyeong asked.

"Damn it. Run away.." She said as a thunder lights up the gym, revealing a zombified volleyball players roaming around. They started to run to the equipment room and he saw the injured person sacrificing himself for the others and silently salute him 'thank you for your sacrifice, you will be remembered'

They are now inside the room as he remembered what happened earlier with his mother. He stared at the wall. Daesu and Wujin went to Jihyun, who was sitting down and Cheong-san standing.

"Hey Cheong-san, Jihyun.. We're so sorry.. We didn't know that it was your mothers.. We're sorry"

Cheong-san slowly sat down as Jihyun ignored them. He silently cried as Jihyun tried his best not to let the tears fall down. Gyeong-su decided to go in front of him and guide his head against his shoulder and hugged him.