Episode 8

3rd PoV

"These two's temperature is 34.5 degrees. Providing a warming blanket." One soldier wraps the blanket around the two hambies.

"Two has hypothermia, the rest are normal."

Jihyun can hear what the person on the walkie talkie is saying cause of his enhanced hearing. "Rescue them after completing your mission"

The soldier announced, "You may now stand up"

As they all stood up, they asked them. "Are you the only survivors?" the group looked at Jihyun, who was standing beside Su-hyeok. He looked at them, confused.

Cheong-san gave him a signal to answer for them. "We don't know.. I'm sure there are more"

After announcing some rules, the soldiers resumed their mission.

Jihyun spoke, "yah.. Why did you guys looked at me when they asked us a question?"

"They have guns.. They can shoot us anytime" Onjo answers.

As the soldiers came back to the rooftop, they prepared the harness. "Come to pick up position, over"

They first take Ji-min to the helicopter but, "Don't rescue anyone" Jihyun heard this.

"Please repeat. Do you mean everyone?"
"We just discovered an asymptomatic infected person"
"But their temperatures are fine"

"Open fire if they resist.."

Jihyun heard all the conversation as he comes in front of his classmates. The person on the helicopter slowly lets Ji-min down the ground.

"Sir, what's happening? Why are you bringing her down?" Jihyun asks.

Jihyun watched his classmates as they begged to rescue them. He comes near his classmates while one soldier points a gun at him.

He smirks as he take out a handgun, his classmates looked at him, shocked. He points the gun to the soldiers, professionally.

"If you're not going to rescue us... Might as well leave" he glared at them. The others soldiers are already on the helicopter but one of them stays and said. "I'm sorry... Commander's orders." after that they left.

The group watched hopelessly as the chopper leave. Jihyun had the urge to shoot the helicopter, he put the gun in his pocket. Out of rage, Cheong-san destroyed the fire pit and Onjo tries to calm him down.

" It's useless.. No one's coming, no one" he said then also destroyed the SOS sign they made.

Few minutes of silence, Gyeong-su turned to Jihyun. "Yah! Jihyun where did get the gun?"

"Oh I got it from the soldier who went to check my temperature.. I quickly get it from his waist." Jihyun shows the gun and checked the ammunition. Thankfully, it's full.

Then he playfully points at Woo jin, who was looking at him. "Pew, pew" he laughs.

Suddenly, a thunder can be heard as Jihyun and Namra falls to the ground, covering their ears and eyes tightly closed. "Fuck! That hurts"

"Are you two ok?" Su-hyeok asked them worriedly.

"My ears hurt so much"
"Yeah I'm fine except for my ears"

Su-hyeok rips a small part of his shirt, making a makeshift earplugs. He looked at Jihyun. "How about you? You need some?"

Jihyun grunts. "No I don't need one..I'm not used to wearing something in my ear except for my earrings." Su-hyeok didn't listen and make another one, then he gives it to Jihyun.