Depths 23

KYLEIGH HAVEN

I never knew that my life could be more miserable than it was before. Was Lucifer telling the truth? That I was his fiancee years ago? That it was my fault why the man I loved today loathes me to death? But why? Why is all of this happening?

Hindi kinaya ng katawan ko and balitang natanggap kaya ng mawala sa paningin ko si Lucifer ay malakas akong napaupo at mukhang natabig ko ang halaman na nakadisplay sa veranda dahil lumikha ito ng ingay.

Walang humpay ang pag-agos ng luha ko habang parang plaka namang pabalik-balik sa utak ko ang mga katagang binitawan ni Lucifer kanina.

I was the reason why he became a cold monster.

I left him...on our wedding day.

"Oh my god! Kyleigh baby!" When I heard my mom's voice, my attention diverted to her. Patuloy pa ring umaagos ang luha ko habang nakatitig sakanya. I know she knew something. Between me and Lucifer because there is no way in hell that Lucifer could trespass on this kingdom.

"Y-you knew something." hindi ko mapigilang maibulalas ang mga katagang 'yun while slowly lifting myself up. Kita ko kung paano natuod sa kinatatayuan si mom dahil umakma siyang maglakad patungo sana sa direksiyon ko.

When I gathered all strength, sumandal ako sa balkonahe habang walay buhay na nakatingin sa ina ko. "Lucifer. Who is he in my life before? How can he trespass on this place? Why did he tell me that I was his fiancee when I couldn't even remember him? I remembered my entire childhood clearly but why can't I couldn't recall him in my memory?" hindi ko sinasadyang napagtaasan ng boses ang ina ko.

"Kyleigh!" My father's voice echoed. Clearly, because he knew that I am now starting to start a fight with mom.

"Stop this nonsense and come back to your senses!" Malamig nitong sita saakin.

"Answer me first. Who was Lucifer in my life? Did I suffer from amnesia?"

Napatingin ako kay mom ng umiling-iling siya. "No. You did not suffer from amnesia baby. Calm yourself down and I will explain it to you."

I slowly wiped my tears as my mom guided me back to the bed. She is holding my hands firmly that she's like so afraid that I might do something stupid.

"What now?" tanong ko ng makitang tinititigan lang ako ni mommy. She's so strange today.

"Listen, baby. You and Lucifer met when you were just a child. There's some incident that happened before that leads you to Lucifer and that's why your paths crossed." panimula niya.

"You were so naughty Leigh. Lucifer's world is different from our world. But you keep on creating troubles that will lead you back to Lucifer's place. I remembered that the first time you told me you met him is the time you were swallowed by an unknown portal and were teleported somewhere."

Hindi ko alam pero habang nagkukwento si mommy ramdam ko na parang napapanaginipan ko ang mga pinagsasabi niya. I remember my dream when I was at Blue Academy. I was swallowed by a portal and met a little boy that is so rude. That boy must be Lucifer.

"But is it true that I was his fiancee? That I ran away on our wedding day?" hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili kong magtanong. These questions are the questions that I was eager to know the answer.

Natigilan saglit si mom bago dahan-dahang tumango kaya naman wala sa sariling napabitaw ako sakanya. Umagos na naman ang masagana kong luha.

"So what he said was all true." mahina kong saad sa sarili ko. It looks like I was the one that is so clueless in this situation. Because if mom knew, dad knew too and the whole clan of the Blood's know too.