Chapter 24: Secret Date

***3rd person Pov***

Takemichi sat down at a designated café that she and her companion agreed on. While waiting, she started messaging the twins in a group chat. After about thirty minutes, 'He' finally arrived and was out of breath, like he ran a marathon. Takamichi smiled, not bothered by his tardiness.

" You finally arrived, I was worried that you've abandoned me again." The girl foreshadowed, though her partner never suspected it and only smiled on meeting her.

" Never again, I'd slit my wrist for that." He answered while panting, still tired from running. The girl giggled then suggested that he should rest and she'll order for both of them. He agreed and then proceeded to do so, sitting in front of Takemichi and then using both of his arms as a pillow for him to lay. After ordering their food and killing time, Takemichi stroked her companion's head with a smile, if it weren't for the bitter feeling. Memories from the past timelines showed, her expression slowly forming into a rage and her sudden bloodlust acting up. After seeing her hand close to his neck, wanting to strangle him.

' Shit... It's showing. Calm down, Michi. Remember Maxe's lessons...' Taking a deep breath while going back to stroking her companion's head, slowly calming herself down just in time for their food to arrive. " Kaku-chan~ Wake up." She said, lightly shaking the boy's back. He woke up while groaning a little while rubbing his eyes, then greeted by the girl's smile making him blush.

( Not me wishing to be in Kakucho's place 😒✋)

" H-hey, Hana..." Not caring for his stutters as he's still affixed to the girl's smile. It doesn't help when the sun perfectly blends with her beauty, hypnotizing him even further.

" Hey, you going to eat or let the flies have them?" The girl asked while pointing at the food below him, snapping back to reality. Though, he's still living the reality of having a date with his childhood lover. He thought of initiating a date, only to be surprised when Takmichi was the one who did it first. Maybe next time, he'll do one better.

" Ah, Sorry..." He apologized before focusing on his food. Though his eyes would randomly look at the girl and blush he got caught.

" What? Got something on my face or having love at first sight vibes?" Takemichi suddenly asked, laughing and enjoying Kakucho's shy and flustered face. Just brings back memories of when they were kids, including Grandma who was alive and became their Wingwoman. The two continued communicating throughout their whole date, recalling the past and laughing at the foolish things they'd done since they were together.

" Remember when we broke into Masaru's house just to retrieve granny's stolen jewelry?" Asked the girl while poking the cherry on her sundae. Kakucho's expression as his smile turned into a frown. " You got in trouble after that, then received a scar from Masaru for defending me. Do you still have it?" The girl smiled at his question and then nodded her head. " I see." Seeing him frowning saddens her, so she taught of an idea to cheer him up. Takemichi held both of his hands and then planted a kiss on both of them. Kakucho became even more flustered and embarrassed, hiding his face by looking down.

" You could've warned me..." He mumbled out, even though he enjoyed it.

" Oh come on now, just say that you enjoyed it."

" No..." The boy defended, receiving a pout from his companion.

" Want a kiss on the lips then?" She offered in a teasing tone, with him blushing even more.

" Please stop..." He begged. It didn't even help when there was an audience watching beside them. He secretly flipped them off, only earning a laugh or snicker.